Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That's for sure! I've eaten stadium food on 3 continents and it just seems to be universally overpriced and bad, no matter where you are. Wouldn't trust any seafood unless perhaps it's been deep fried. But even with that low bar some of the worst here in Melbourne are operated by Delaware North, which probably doesn't surprise anybody.
I was in the Tampa airport at Ducky's and Fenway told me it was run by Delaware North.

Delaware North is everywhere

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Delaware North is the exact kind of company I f***ing hate. It is the worst kind of corporation.

You can serve an extremely overpriced, subpar product that nobody actually likes, but the business succeeds because you have the reach and power to simply outbid everyone that would actually build the business off of real customer satisfaction and truly running it skillfully.

Reactions: wintersej and Serge

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The amount of advertising/marketing Jack slips in to every broadcast regarding the Hub on Causeway and the Garden improvements is nauseating.

I’m sure all the folks at NESN are fully required to do it.
Well that is advertising during a broadcast. Dale is doing it on a radio station not connected to the Garden. But he is such a stooge he won't speak ill of them anywhere

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I was in the Tampa airport at Ducky's and Fenway told me it was run by Delaware North.

They own the hotel my company had a conference at earlier this week. They sure are everywhere

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I did the math my row went from 12 to 13 seats so that's about 8% smaller a seat... I don't know what happened to other rows but hard to argue with that math because the walkways didn't get smaller.

My problem isn't the seats though im a skinny guy but I'm also 6'1 and my feet don't fit with all the other shoes. When people walk past I'm literally on my tip toes so they have somewhere to go. There's going to be a lot of split beers and angry people. I had these seats most of the playoffs last year that's why I have experience with them...

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Yes especially if you can't do that much dairy.

Also, if you're going to have chowder, I wouldn't be getting it at a stadium.

I like clam chowder, but there's nothing more disgusting than spending a moderately cool April evening at Fenway Park when someone decides to hail the clam chowder guy. As seafood smells go, it's not the worst, but...I wish there were a way it could be a little less pungent, so you're not sharing it with the other 500 people downwind of you.

The amount of advertising/marketing Jack slips in to every broadcast regarding the Hub on Causeway and the Garden improvements is nauseating.

I’m sure all the folks at NESN are fully required to do it.

The new Bruins opening on NESN is hilarious - it's basically a 30 second advertisement for the Hub, with the big zoom-in at the very end of the new "grand entrance".

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

When the Red Sox played in London

Reactions: Alicat

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I did the math my row went from 12 to 13 seats so that's about 8% smaller a seat... I don't know what happened to other rows but hard to argue with that math because the walkways didn't get smaller.

My problem isn't the seats though im a skinny guy but I'm also 6'1 and my feet don't fit with all the other shoes. When people walk past I'm literally on my tip toes so they have somewhere to go. There's going to be a lot of split beers and angry people. I had these seats most of the playoffs last year that's why I have experience with them...

the math doesn’t work like that. The width of the portion of the seat for your ass and the actual width of the seats footprint don’t have to be the same number. They didn’t just shrink the old seats, they are new seats with a different shape and design. I am sure there is some point on the width of the seat that is the same as the old one so they can use that stat. But that stat is no more accurate than saying 8%.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
the math doesn’t work like that. The width of the portion of the seat for your ass and the actual width of the seats footprint don’t have to be the same number. They didn’t just shrink the old seats, they are new seats with a different shape and design. I am sure there is some point on the width of the seat that is the same as the old one so they can use that stat. But that stat is no more accurate than saying 8%.
JJ’s cousin

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I can't speak for other rows. My row had 12 seats last year. It now has 13. Unless they moved the aisle seats out significantly farther so the row is longer overall, which isn't the case I see when I eyeball it, because I'm in one of the "tapered" rows from 3-7 in the balcony...the amount of space each customer gets has to be less, by a significant margin. I read today that the average width of a seat was 19 point-something inches - I forget the exact number. If you took one inch away from each seat, and a 11 groups of a quarter inch of gap space between each of the 12 seats, you'd still not have enough room for a new seat.

Now, maybe there were gaps in the old seats that didn't "count" to the width of an individual seat. I kind of doubt that, but even so, that goes in the "creative accounting" file.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
4E6D5F6A-0589-43E0-85E6-5B9B9784EA60.jpeg

Pretty funny stuff from the Underwood concert last night. People bought seats that no longer exist. Nightmare scenario though if something like this happened on a first date.

Last edited by a moderator:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I see how that could happen, but they should have reached out to all ticket holders who bought non-existent tickets.

I see an old TicketMaster announcement in my email saying that Carrie Underwood went on sale on 8/17/18. I don't think they had even formally announced the whole "Legendary Transformation" thing, much less announced that they were going to revamp the seats. So, theoretically, for a time, they probably sold seats on the old map. By Christmas, they should have at least been sending out warnings that "seat locations will be similar to what you buy, but exact seat numbers may change".

It could have been a secondary market issue too. That's one of the minor risks of buying on StubHub - you don't get any direct emails from the Garden when your concert gets cancelled or rescheduled, or if the seats change. The Garden might have told the primary buyers, but they just failed to notify StubHub (and the secondary buyers) that the seats had changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad