Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
There aren't as many ST holders as there used to be. Look at all the blue dots on TM for playoff games in the upper deck shoot 1x side.

The team is excellent right now so this crap will fly. Celtics should be very good too and aren't as expensive. Also sounds like its only the balcony that is a lot different and the Loge is pretty similar to what it was before.

Reactions: NiftyWasNasty

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Is it bad that part of me thinks that they're angling for a new arena?

i.e.

"We tried increasing the number of seats to meet demand, but new the seating configuration is unpopular -- we need an entirely new arena."

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

i.e.

"We tried increasing the number of seats to meet demand, but new the seating configuration is unpopular -- we need an entirely new arena."

It's an interesting question because there aren't many arenas that are older in the NHL. Only three were opened before 1993, and two of those (Islanders and Flames) are getting new ones. With all of the money spent developing the Hub on Causeway, they're not going to leave that location. I guess they could tear it down and build a new one in the same place, but then where would they play during construction? No, I think their sticking with the TD Garden for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: wintersej

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It's an interesting question because there aren't many arenas that are older in the NHL. Only three were opened before 1993, and two of those (Islanders and Flames) are getting new ones. With all of the money spent developing the Hub on Causeway, they're not going to leave that location. I guess they could tear it down and build a new one in the same place, but then where would they play during construction? No, I think their sticking with the TD Garden for the foreseeable future.
I could see them maximizing their profits to the point where there's nowhere else to go. When they reach the profit ceiling, say 10 years they come up with a plan to make major changes to the building or bite the bullet and come up with a reconstruction or rebuild plan. I wonder if there's any way to to build a new arena on that footprint or if they can move any of the walls out to increase the footprint? When I get the time (out of curiosity) I'm going to look at the building from a satellite image. My nerdy way of having fun.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I could see them maximizing their profits to the point where there's nowhere else to go. When they reach the profit ceiling, say 10 years they come up with a plan to make major changes to the building or bite the bullet and come up with a reconstruction or rebuild plan. I wonder if there's any way to to build a new arena on that footprint or if they can move any of the walls out to increase the footprint? When I get the time (out of curiosity) I'm going to look at the building from a satellite image. My nerdy way of having fun.

The highway ramps would need to be put underground

upload_2019-10-10_0-19-59.png

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

i.e.

Where?

I mean that area doesn’t need the Garden North Station is enough of a draw for all the condos and other crap.

But I guess you could close Bowdoin Station and have the Blue Line go to North Station and build an arena at Suffolk Downs. You could push back the train station and build a ton of condos where the Garden currently is.

Hmmm.

I live in Lynn and would kill for 1A to be like storrow drive with overpasses where streets cross and no lights it’s ridiculous hitting 6 lights in Revere on that big of a road.

Reactions: Strafer

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Anyone else get the email about the seats? The president of the garden said they're making changes?
TD Garden Announces Seat Upgrades | TD Garden

Seating Update

Dear TD Garden Guests:
Welcome to the 2019-20 season. As the president of TD Garden, I want to share an update related to the upgrades that have been made to the arena as part of our Legendary Transformation.
We installed new seats throughout the entire arena, with the goal of providing an improved fan experience. We are listening to feedback that some of the new seats do not meet expectations, specifically in fit and legroom.
Our priority is to make every visit to TD Garden a best-in-class arena experience. We are evaluating the situation with our seating installation and architect partners and we are implementing both immediate and phased-approach solutions. We will make this right for our guests.
With the season underway, don’t hesitate to reach out to me ([email protected]) or your fan relations or member representative with concerns. We thank you for your patience and willingness to work with us.
Amy Latimer
President, TD Garden

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Just send a note to Amy Latimer - I figure it will take a deluge of emails directly to her for there to be any chance for a change so if you are unhappy send a note

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Wasn't too long ago that they had less than 2000 season ticket holders and $12 seats. If they have a rough transition from Bergeron/Chara/Rask/Krejci, they'll pay the price again.

Reactions: TD Charlie

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Anyone else get the email about the seats? The president of the garden said they're making changes?
TD Garden Announces Seat Upgrades | TD Garden

I didn't get that link, but I did get a link to the more "apologetic" message that you linked after.

My reaction to the less apologetic link: Wow, really? They're claiming the average seat width hasn't changed? That is 100%, unadulterated, pure, grade-A bullshit. It's math. Average = Sum of data/number of data points. If you increase the number of data points (ie number of seats), and keep the sum constant (they're not increasing the length of the rows), the average MUST decrease!

As far as the more apologetic email...unfortunately, there's really no reasonable way to fix it. Do you think they're going to redo the seats again next year? Doubt it. Retroactive roll back of seat prices? Dream on. A $10 TD Garden Concessions Gift Card, good for one of Cam Neely's jumbo home-cooked meatballs? Insulting, but given how in-touch-with-the-common-man Jacobs is, a definite possibility.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Are you even allowed to say that in New England? :eek:

I love the stuff and the reputation you folks have for it is merited - lots of great chowder to be had in MA.
Yes especially if you can't do that much dairy.

Also, if you're going to have chowder, I wouldn't be getting it at a stadium.

Reactions: talkinaway

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yes especially if you can't do that much dairy.

Also, if you're going to have chowder, I wouldn't be getting it at a stadium.

That's for sure! I've eaten stadium food on 3 continents and it just seems to be universally overpriced and bad, no matter where you are. Wouldn't trust any seafood sold at a stadium unless perhaps it's been deep fried. But even with that low bar some of the worst here in Melbourne are operated by Delaware North, which probably doesn't surprise anybody.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad