Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The concessionaire in me is both excited and scared of all these changes. The job is fantastic now, but change is scary. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered, so hopefully the concessions game isn’t being changed too much

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DtWXpynXgAEFAnO.jpg

Reactions: Alicat

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It's amazing how much easier it made things this morning. No wading through concert-like crowds just to get to my shuttle bus across the street. No waiting in the bus for multiple light cycles because the pedestrians would cross against the lights and block Causeway for 10 mins at a time.

Love it.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The new "grand" entryway has been a godsend for December if you're going to the Garden and not North Station - exiting the T, it's much easier to head over to the left and enter that way rather than follow the big crowd. Then again, the warmth of the new tunnel (that was promised in December *AHEM*) will certainly be tempting...especially in bad weather.

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
They are adding space to the balcony concourse! I heard this before, but it's good to see an official announcement.

The "back row" bar also sounds pretty cool.

Reactions: Alicat

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
i just got an email that my seat is going to be relocated....NOT HAPPY.

Join the club.

No news yet on exactly where the relocation will be. I'm worried that they're going to move the handicapped area where they do the "8-Spoked Salute" from 303 to 304, which would (sort of) eliminate my seat. If they did that, they'd make the ADA seats cheaper, and have more capacity for more expensive "center ten" seats.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Join the club.

No news yet on exactly where the relocation will be. I'm worried that they're going to move the handicapped area where they do the "8-Spoked Salute" from 303 to 304, which would (sort of) eliminate my seat. If they did that, they'd make the ADA seats cheaper, and have more capacity for more expensive "center ten" seats.

I am sure whatever they do its to make more $$$.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
I thought I had read in one of the announcements that they would be replacing the jumbotron at center ice, but I can't find any reference to it in the list of renovations. I wonder if they cancelled that upgrade. The current one is starting to feel really outdated and the screens have some ghosting issues on them now.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Join the club.

I'm in 304 too, Row 5. I love my seats, and I just know I'll be moved somewhere shitty.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I thought I had read in one of the announcements that they would be replacing the jumbotron at center ice, but I can't find any reference to it in the list of renovations. I wonder if they cancelled that upgrade. The current one is starting to feel really outdated and the screens have some ghosting issues on them now.

New board and a new control room on Level 9 will be done this summer

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Agreed! I started noticing the ghosting a couple of months ago, but I'm sure it's been there awhile. My first thought was whether TD Bank had to pay extra because their name is visible on the ring all the time....

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I'm in 304 too, Row 5. I love my seats, and I just know I'll be moved somewhere ****ty.

Guy I work with splits tickets is right next to you in section 305. Great seats. Hope they don't screw you guys over...

Reactions: jgatie

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Agreed! I started noticing the ghosting a couple of months ago, but I'm sure it's been there awhile. My first thought was whether TD Bank had to pay extra because their name is visible on the ring all the time....

I first saw it in 2016 - these boards are designed to last about 10 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad