Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
LOL!!!

How the membership works:
A $1,600 annual membership fee gives you:
GAME ACCESS: the chance to buy 2 tickets to Bruins and Celtics home games from a pool of first-come, first-served inventory. There will be 2 types of tickets available for Rafters members to purchase based on availability:
  • reserved seat with average ticket prices ~$85
  • access pass (no seat) with average ticket prices ~$35
  • Game ticket pricing will vary based on the opponent in town
CONCERT ACCESS: the chance to buy 2 tickets to concerts and events from a pool of first-come, first-served inventory. Ticket prices will vary based on the concert/event in town.
All tickets will be mobile only and purchased online via Account Manager.
You’ll be able to purchase food and beverages (full bar) inside of the club. Rafters Club members will be able to use the new Boston Garden Society lobbies to enter the arena, providing a seamless "street-to-seat" experience. Discounted parking passes can also be purchase on an on-demand basis.

I did the math.. If I wanted to use the Rafters area for 15 games, for 2 people it would cost $2,650. $177/game for 2 people.

What are they smoking over there?

I think your math may be a little off...if you bought 32 tickets (16 games for two people - trust me, it makes the math easier), that’s $85 per game. I think you only need one membership to get access to two tickets per event. So, that $1600 gets divided into 32 chunks for a $50 “fee” per ticket per game, giving you an “average” price of $135 per ticket.

That said, who knows what the actual ticket price may be for a given game. That average is probably brought down by the preseason games. The Habs, Rags, and Leafs games may be double the $85 price. Also, note that they say “access”. Games can (and probably will) sell out - especially weekends.

My impression is that it’s for businesses to gift tickets to clients. I’m sure they’ll sell. JJ knows how to squeeze every last drop of blood from a stone.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So they repainted the playing surface, put in smaller black seats, added a dress circle mezzanine and added a few pixels to the screens.

I know they went the distance last season and all, but those changes aren’t moving the needle for me.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I think your math may be a little off...if you bought 32 tickets (16 games for two people - trust me, it makes the math easier), that’s $85 per game. I think you only need one membership to get access to two tickets per event. So, that $1600 gets divided into 32 chunks for a $50 “fee” per ticket per game, giving you an “average” price of $135 per ticket.

That said, who knows what the actual ticket price may be for a given game. That average is probably brought down by the preseason games. The Habs, Rags, and Leafs games may be double the $85 price. Also, note that they say “access”. Games can (and probably will) sell out - especially weekends.

My impression is that it’s for businesses to gift tickets to clients. I’m sure they’ll sell. JJ knows how to squeeze every last drop of blood from a stone.

I was doing it based on 15 games attended .. should have mentioned that

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
So they repainted the playing surface, put in smaller black seats, added a dress circle mezzanine and added a few pixels to the screens.

I know they went the distance last season and all, but those changes aren’t moving the needle for me.

to be fair, they also added a massive 200 foot bar, bathrooms, and gathering area behind the last row of the balcony sections on the benches side... concourses were expanded 20% and there will be more concession options.. bathrooms added as well .

The balcony concourse was a disaster the past few years.

Reactions: TD Charlie

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
upload_2019-9-18_16-4-43.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I might be the only one but I think the new black seats look awesome, very sleek and classy. If only the ice could look like it does in that pic with no extra advertising.
The black doesn't bother me as much as the size of them.

My sister rarely calls me upset but when she told me she couldn't fit in the seat and got a lot of bruises I got pretty pissed off.

I'll be at the game Monday to see for myself but I've seen other people talking about their similar experiences.

I just hope management is ready to deal with the complaints that are surely coming their way next week and beyond.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I'm 6'1 225 and usually need to lean a bit to accomodate the guy next to me. I took a close friend to a SCF game. He is really quite large. We were not able to sit comfortably at all in the new seats. I had to contort myself into very awkward poses to make it work (barely). I've sat next to this guy on many other occasions and it was never much of an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I'm 6'1 225 and usually need to lean a bit to accomodate the guy next to me. I took a close friend to a SCF game. He is really quite large. We were not able to sit comfortably at all in the new seats. I had to contort myself into very awkward poses to make it work (barely). I've sat next to this guy on many other occasions and it was never much of an issue.

And, given the weather at the time of the SCF, you guys were probably fairly lightly dressed. I have no idea how this is going to work, particularly for larger folks.....but really everyone besides anorexics....once the weather gets cold and people dress in bulky layers.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm disappointed about the ice. :pullhair:

I don't care about the seat colors. The scoreboard is meh but since I'll never see a game there it doesn't make a difference to me. The Chicago and Washington ones are gross. I like the Preds one. I think Bridgestone and TD Garden are about the same age.

Saw this posted today, does TD Garden have this, or is it common in other arenas?

Reactions: Strafer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm disappointed about the ice. :pullhair:

I don't care about the seat colors. The scoreboard is meh but since I'll never see a game there it doesn't make a difference to me. The Chicago and Washington ones are gross. I like the Preds one. I think Bridgestone and TD Garden are about the same age.

Saw this posted today, does TD Garden have this, or is it common in other arenas?

I would be stunned if they did this, and i assume this big of a change would most definitely come up in contract talks between the Delaware North and the union concessionaires. Heck, for a concert the commission on water alone can be 50 bucks

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I would be stunned if they did this, and i assume this big of a change would most definitely come up in contract talks between the Delaware North and the union concessionaires. Heck, for a concert the commission on water alone can be 50 bucks
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. Bridgestone is one of the busiest arenas in the U.S., maybe they figure they can overcharge in other areas :laugh:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Best solution for me is to sit row 15 so i can stand when i want to. You’ve got almost 2 inches on me so i can’t imagine the pretzel you have to twist yourself into to sit in the balcony. I’ve never been comfortable in the balcony unless i was row 15 or an end seat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->