Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Aug 9, 2006
OUR NEW SCOREBOARD

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If that's the new board, I am severely underwhelmed.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Has anyone inquired about the Rafters club?

I might be into that if it's reasonable. Solely for the elevators, restrooms, bar and concessions

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Has anyone inquired about the Rafters club?

I might be into that if it's reasonable. Solely for the elevators, restrooms, bar and concessions

Not fighting through swarms of drunks to use the restroom or get a drink is something everybody should experience. It’s amazing. The one massive downfall of sitting on level 9 is that you aren’t immersed in the crowd for the high spots of the game.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Not fighting through swarms of drunks to use the restroom or get a drink is something everybody should experience. It’s amazing. The one massive downfall of sitting on level 9 is that you aren’t immersed in the crowd for the high spots of the game.

I don't think you have to sit up there. I think its just a social area with amenities

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I don't think you have to sit up there. I think its just a social area with amenities

D7nZ6jAW4AAMuF3

For fans looking for a different way to watch the game, a new cantilevered seating area — dubbed the Rafters — overlooks the court or ice and will be available starting in November. Described as a membership-based “communal party deck,” the Rafters provide a space where fans can mingle on the top floor while perched over the arena bowl.

“When do you ever get to hang seats off the highest part of the building?” Latimer said. “It’s just a place for people to gather. They’re in the building; they’re part of it.”

Another new spot is the Back Row Bar, located on Level 8 behind the last row of the balcony, where fans have access to a 102-foot-long bar made of old parquet and dashboards. There are 57 fixed stools facing the court or ice, as well as three large TVs along the back of the bar.

upload_2019-9-17_21-51-5.png

Back Row Bar —Delaware North

Other yet-to-be-unveiled changes include more magnetometers to expedite the security process, new screens for the center-court video board, and new locker rooms for both the Celtics and Bruins.

“I feel like we’re almost a brand new building,” Latimer said.

“I hope people walk in here and think there’s no way this building is 24 years old,” TD Garden president Amy Latimer said Tuesday.

Latimer estimated the renovation has increased the arena’s capacity by 500, though the bulk of the seat installations was one-for-one replacements. There will be surely enough space for the slightly bigger crowds, with the lower and upper concourses both expanding in size by at least 20 percent. Latimer said there will also be more bathrooms on Levels 4 and 7, in addition to more food and beverage options.

Here’s an update on the changes coming to TD Garden | Boston.com

Reactions: smithformeragent

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Man this ice upgrade is more secretive than Soviet era nuclear base locations

View attachment 255259
Marketing b**S*** is all I read in that hullabaloo... The number one thing I want to see is an upgrade to the ice/playing surface and get the Zamboni's back and NEVER let Charlie make another decision that has anything to do with the ice, the equipment etc.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
First the Socks, now the Seats ! Neely must hate the yellow/gold 2nd color.

At least have SOME gold accents, like the columns or wall around the upper bowl anything. just something gold, Black is so ****ing boring.

ps I hate our current socks and dont understand why they needed to change. Still hate seeing it, ruins the whole jersey
I'm pretty sure Cam Neely doesn't have any say over colors on the Garden walls. Socks however...

Reactions: Strafer

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
LOL!!!

How the membership works:
A $1,600 annual membership fee gives you:
GAME ACCESS: the chance to buy 2 tickets to Bruins and Celtics home games from a pool of first-come, first-served inventory. There will be 2 types of tickets available for Rafters members to purchase based on availability:
  • reserved seat with average ticket prices ~$85
  • access pass (no seat) with average ticket prices ~$35
  • Game ticket pricing will vary based on the opponent in town
CONCERT ACCESS: the chance to buy 2 tickets to concerts and events from a pool of first-come, first-served inventory. Ticket prices will vary based on the concert/event in town.
All tickets will be mobile only and purchased online via Account Manager.
You’ll be able to purchase food and beverages (full bar) inside of the club. Rafters Club members will be able to use the new Boston Garden Society lobbies to enter the arena, providing a seamless "street-to-seat" experience. Discounted parking passes can also be purchase on an on-demand basis.

I did the math.. If I wanted to use the Rafters area for 15 games, for 2 people it would cost $2,650. $177/game for 2 people.

What are they smoking over there?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Marketing b**S*** is all I read in that hullabaloo... The number one thing I want to see is an upgrade to the ice/playing surface and get the Zamboni's back and NEVER let Charlie make another decision that has anything to do with the ice, the equipment etc.

This x 1,000,00.

I'm finding the silence on if/when the ice plant is upgraded and the ice re-surfacers will be replaced to be concerning since the Bruins will start using Garden ice in the coming week.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
This x 1,000,00.

I'm finding the silence on if/when the ice plant is upgraded and the ice re-surfacers will be replaced to be concerning since the Bruins will start using Garden ice in the coming week.

I agree. You'd think by now they'd be trumpeting how nice the upgrade will be and it's state of the art and all that BS. I'm not normally one to worry about stuff like this, but I am concerned about the lack of info. Seems like they're not doing anything and they're hoping everyone will just forget they had this earmarked to be done this summer.

If it was delayed until next summer because of the length of the season, then come out and say it for heaven's sake

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
LOL!!!

GAME ACCESS: the chance to buy 2 tickets to Bruins and Celtics home games from a pool of first-come, first-served inventory. There will be 2 types of tickets available for Rafters members to purchase based on availability:
CONCERT ACCESS: the chance to buy 2 tickets to concerts and events from a pool of first-come, first-served inventory. Ticket prices will vary based on the concert/event in town.
You’ll be able to purchase food and beverages (full bar) inside of the club. Rafters Club members will be able to use the new Boston Garden Society lobbies to enter the arena, providing a seamless "street-to-seat" experience. Discounted parking passes can also be purchase on an on-demand basis.

I did the math.. If I wanted to use the Rafters area for 15 games, for 2 people it would cost $2,650. $177/game for 2 people.

Wait... So you have to have the 1600 membership just to get into this thing? LOL if that's the case. Another amenity that only people with money can take advantage of.

Reactions: BMC

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Wait... So you have to have the 1600 membership just to get into this thing? LOL if that's the case. Another amenity that only people with money can take advantage of.

you have to have the membership and you have to buy access tickets per person for every game

I wonder if each person needs a $1600 membership. Does me and my wife each need the $1600 membership PLUS a pass for each game to access an elevator and a bar?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
LOL!!!

Season ticket holders do get one free game up there in the first two months of the season iirc. I'll try it out

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It took a few phone calls - don't shoot the messenger

The ice - The Calgary ice guru has made some changes for this season and then a new plant is scheduled to be installed next summer. It was impossible to do it this offseason because of how late last season went and because there were cranes on the arena floor for the seat installation it just couldn't be done. The ice resurfacer situation will be addressed when the current contract expires at the end of the season.

The scoreboard - The control room is now as modern as any in the NHL - for this season they have upgraded the screens on the old board and those panels can be used when a new overhang is built next summer. They decided to wait so they can correctly determine the correct size that will not obstruct any of the new seats.

The overhang is the cheapest part of the project, the control room is where most of the money goes and that had to be done before the new seats on Level 9 were installed.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
It took a few phone calls - don't shoot the messenger

The ice - The Calgary ice guru has made some changes for this season and then a new plant is scheduled to be installed next summer. It was impossible to do it this offseason because of how late last season went and because there were cranes on the arena floor for the seat installation it just couldn't be done. The ice resurfacer situation will be addressed when the current contract expires at the end of the season.

The scoreboard - The control room is now as modern as any in the NHL - for this season they have upgraded the screens on the old board and those panels can be used when a new overhang is built next summer. They decided to wait so they can correctly determine the correct size that will not obstruct any of the new seats.

The overhang is the cheapest part of the project, the control room is where most of the money goes and that had to be done before the new seats on Level 9 were installed.

Thanks Kevin, I knew something was up. Much appreciated for digging up this info. Hopefully whatever the Calgary ice guru has done will help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->