Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So THAT'S where they'll be selling the jumbo home-cooked meatballs........... :)
Apizza
Mida chef Douglas Williams will open Apizza, a New Haven- and Roman-style pizzeria that will be decidedly more casual than his Italian restaurant in the South End. Williams told Eater Boston that he wants to make Apizza affordable — “Not a touristy price point. We want to feed the people, not the people who don’t know any better. I’m not about $7 slices because I can get away with it. We want people to buy our pizza and enjoy it, not to contemplate it.”
Mike’s Pastry

North End cannoli staple Mike’s Pastry has chosen Hub Hall for its fourth location, bringing its famed pastries even closer to TD Garden-goers who might not want to make the quick trek over to Hanover Street. The bakery opened its first shop in 1946 and maintains its place as one of Boston’s most coveted food stops, where sweet-toothed guests can watch their treats being wrapped up in Mike’s signature white boxes with twine.

Monica’s Mercato
Another North End staple, Monica’s Mercato, will be joining the food hall’s lineup. Owned by the Mendoza family, the shop serves classic Italian sandwiches, including meatball, chicken parm, and Italian steak tip. This will be Monica’s first location outside of its original shop on Salem Street.

Sullivan’s Castle Island
The seasonal opening of Sullivan’s, a seaside shack in South Boston, marks the beginning of spring in Boston, a time when locals form lines outside the eatery to snag a lobster roll, cheeseburger, and soft serve. At its Hub Hall outpost, Sullivan’s will be open year-round, offering guests a chance to enjoy fried seafood near TD Garden throughout all four seasons.

In addition to Hub Hall’s 18 vendors, Hub on the Causeway will also be home to Banners Kitchen & Tap, a sports bar set to debut in October. The 25,ooo-square-foot watering hole will feature 60 tap lines of beer, game-day fare, brunch, and Topgolf Swing Suites. Guy Fieri’s Tequila Cocina, a Mexican restaurant operating within Big Night Entertainment Group’s new music hall and venue space, Big Night Live, will also be opening at the Causeway this year, with tacos and more than 100 tequilas.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Anyone know - Are Monica's Mercato and Trattoria di Monica related in any way? Same Monica? @Kovi and I ate there a few years back and it was fantastic. (We ate just down Salem St at la Famiglia Giorgio's in June and it was also amazing!)

Same Monica. the mercato is a market that sells meats, cheeses, and sandwiches.. their Italian and Meatball subs are top shelf

Apizza
Mida chef Douglas Williams will open Apizza, a New Haven- and Roman-style pizzeria that will be decidedly more casual than his Italian restaurant in the South End. Williams told Eater Boston that he wants to make Apizza affordable — “Not a touristy price point. We want to feed the people, not the people who don’t know any better. I’m not about $7 slices because I can get away with it. We want people to buy our pizza and enjoy it, not to contemplate it.”
Mike’s Pastry.

New Haven Za will be a fantastic addition to the area.

Just for edification...... it's not pronounced AH - PIZZA ... it's AH-Beetz!!

Reactions: Fenway

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So they took A ring off and added a couple inches. In this application, that is severely underwhelming.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Well how much bigger is the screen? I'd prefer a widescreen that's modest in size, to that dated square screen they had

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Did they go to black seats to be more venue friendly for non-Bruins events? They're hideous. I hope they're more comfortable.

That's an excellent hypothesis - personally, I like the black color of the seats for dark concerts. I get that we're the home of the Bruins and the Celtics, so we should be decked out in black/gold or green/gold/black/brown/white depending on the night, but there ARE quite a few non-Bruins and non-Celtics events at the Garden.

Now, the size of the seats - at least in the balcony - is a definite minus. I'm curious what the capacity will be - it's not updated on the Wikipedia page yet. They're not making the arena bigger, and I think the main area where they're making "new" seats is where the visitors tunnel used to come out onto the bench. Other than that, it's a squeeze play.

I don't really care that much about the size - or even really the quality - of the scoreboard. But what I would really, really love is more in-game info like most arenas have. Crossing my fingers, but one less ring doesn't make me optimistic, since that's one place where they could put that kind of info. After all, they only figured out 2-3 years ago how to simultaneously show the number of total shots while a PP was going on.

And Mike's Pastry coming to the Hub? My blood type is already ricotta. I'll have to make a reservation in advance at MGH....

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
I'm really curious about what happened behind the scenes with the scoreboard. If it's 20 ft wider: good, but not great.

Not sure I believe the rumblings on here about the city not agreeing on the size. The one Northeastern put in for last season is massive.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Man this ice upgrade is more secretive than Soviet era nuclear base locations

upload_2019-9-17_15-50-1.jpeg

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
First the Socks, now the Seats ! Neely must hate the yellow/gold 2nd color.

At least have SOME gold accents, like the columns or wall around the upper bowl anything. just something gold, Black is so f***ing boring.

ps I hate our current socks and dont understand why they needed to change. Still hate seeing it, ruins the whole jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad