Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
Maybe the ice will be done between the last pre-season game and the home opener? I would imagine that will take weeks and that appears to be the biggest window of time after the closing on the pro shop.

Also, it's been mentioned over the years as part of the upgrade (and I see the new control equipment above), but are they definitely putting in a new scoreboard this year?

EDIT: Didn't think to check other events. That looks like an extremely busy stretch for the arena event-wise.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I can only pass on what I was told

There is another problem with the scoreboard as the city of Boston thinks it is too big :help:

WTH does the city of Boston have to say about a scoreboard inside a private building?

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
WTH does the city of Boston have to say about a scoreboard inside a private building?

Oh I dunno...

IzPBhW.gif

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
There might be another scoreboard available for a short term lease...

I was just asking a guy who has been working at the old Arsenal Mall what happened to the old boston garden scoreboard and he didn't know. Any Idea where they took it to?

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
not going to lie, if I were at an NHL rink and they unveiled this as their new board, I think I`d kind of like it, be a funky and nostalgic look

I was thinking the exact same thing.. there's gotta be a way to inject some nostalgic creativity and uniqueness into these massive digital screens

Reactions: Fenway

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was thinking the exact same thing.. there's gotta be a way to inject some nostalgic creativity and uniqueness into these massive digital screens

for sure, in all honesty I`m not one who tends to look much at the scoreboards in the various barns I`ve been in recently. The only time I really look at them is when I want to see how many minutes left in a period or penalty, other than that, only if there is a close or controversial call do I find myself looking at it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->