Import Draft (maybe?)

fr3022

Mar 27, 2019
If you are the parent of a player from a country like Finland where they are getting less than 10 new covid 19 cases a day, how could you possibly consider sending your kid to North America two months from now to play hockey. These kids have way safer options.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If you are the parent of a player from a country like Finland where they are getting less than 10 new covid 19 cases a day, how could you possibly consider sending your kid to North America two months from now to play hockey. These kids have way safer options.
Until you look and see that virtually no one under the age of 20 dies or even has significant complications. You weigh that risk against the development of the player and their potential of an NHL Career.

IT is no different than the kids going back to school full time in September...which is the plan.

Reactions: NOA

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
You weigh that risk against the development of the player and their potential of an NHL Career.

Their development isn't going to be suddenly halted if they stay at home. I'm all for players coming over IF they feel it's safe and IF there's a season, but if they choose to stay at home and continue proper development... that's completely understandable.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Their development isn't going to be suddenly halted if they stay at home. I'm all for players coming over IF they feel it's safe and IF there's a season, but if they choose to stay at home and continue proper development... that's completely understandable.

probably why he said 'You weigh that risk against the development of the player and their potential of an NHL Career.'

Reactions: OMG67

fr3022

Mar 27, 2019
If a player has potential for an NHL career they will certainly have development opportunities in Europe.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If a player has potential for an NHL career they will certainly have development opportunities in Europe. America is run by a lunatic who is ignoring a pandemic. Have a look at the protests in the US and the whackos wondering around with automatic weapons without intervention because it is their constitutional right. Yes, that is in Michigan. The OHL is not likely to play a full season. They aren't likely to somehow exclude their American franchises. Teams discussing their line-ups like it is going to be business as usual with their Euro players seems delusional to me. I get that hockey families are nuts and have blinders on, but assuming Euros are going to be motivated to come here as in previous seasons seems unlikely. Perhaps I am wrong. University sports in Canada are cancelled for the fall term. Cancellation isn't inevitable, but it is more probable than not.

Saganasty has been in the league for a while. Why the change in perception now?

:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad