We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
1hjYczO.gif

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Was hoping for a Roman period piece.

So was I. Harry Potter as a skinhead is not exactly what I was expecting.

IMO, Radcliffe shouldn't try so hard to go against his image. Shocking people by being naked in Equus and portraying a skinhead is not the best way to do it. He should work with his charm, not against it. Dwayne Johnson is an example of someone who's embraced his public appeal, picking roles that play into his charm. If Radcliffe really wants to be a serious actor, however, he should consider how Tom Hanks transitioned from comedy. He turned the way that he charmed audiences into making them empathize with him by playing an AIDS patient and an intellectually disabled character. Radcliffe could do well with similarly vulnerable characters. After all, that's essentially what Harry Potter was (a parent-less kid tormented at home, picked on at school and wanted dead simply because he lived), and it's always seemed to me that he fit the part better when the character was vulnerable, rather than empowered and rebellious.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
He played a popular character in a children's movie franchise. Get over it.

This looks potentially good (but like it could also be so far up its own ass that it sucks).

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I got so, so, so, so excited at the thought that this was a film adaptation of Robert Harris' excellent book about Cicero.

Now I'm a sad panda.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Wow, that movie isn't good at all. Liked the general idea but it suffered on its story, execution + unauthentic acting: Lazy writing (story line + dialogues) and Radcliffe not convincing at all. Doesn't matter if it is him as a FBI-guy, Ex-Marine or Skinhead, just not eating it up from him. Most of his scenes are way over the top - guess it's a mixture of his lack to get it done and the writing. A snitch like that won't survive that long until his cover is blown. The FBI is a laughingstock in this one, too. He didn't even get a new name and one of the black guys standing on the other side directly recognizes him, while he's participating in his first demo and yelling fascistic slogans. Not to mention how his background wasn't covered either. Just coming up with that "Marine who served in Iraq"-story without providing any proof in case that anyone gets suspicious of him, okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad