Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
LOUD crowd, they've got a real good atmosphere going.

They do. It is impressive to see how this team has been able to create such a passion in that city. They pack the house way more than the Falcons do. And I saw a video somewhere (don't remember where) of the politicians at the City Hall all donning ATLUTD scarves and jerseys and bopping side to side together while their arms around each others' shoulders. The city has embraced it all.

The only thing I hope is that the ref doesn't let the crowd influence him.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They do. It is impressive to see how this team has been able to create such a passion in that city. They pack the house way more than the Falcons do. And I saw a video somewhere (don't remember where) of the politicians at the City Hall all donning ATLUTD scarves and jerseys and bopping side to side together while their arms around each others' shoulders. The city has embraced it all.

The only thing I hope is that the ref doesn't let the crowd influence him.
It goes to show you soccer doesn't necessarily need a heavy immigrant population to work in NA. In a lot of ways Atlanta isn't the prototypical market, yet it's working. It helps that they've fielded a winning team real fast obviously.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm no fan of turf fields at this level, but ATL's is as good as it gets. Whitecaps' is good, as well. Good thing IMFC will abandon the Big O, at least at the start of the year.
I disagree with the one at Vancouver, it's awful too. I hope they improve with Bayern's money.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Why did they not go to VAR? Was it not ATL defender who touched the ball and went straight to Martinez who was offside?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Ciman is getting destroyed by Dijon fans on twitter, things are not going well for him in Ligue 1.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Valeri kinda choked tonight, after all the smack he was talking about shocking the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->