Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I just feel he hasn't been relevant enough but then he would also be a cheap transfer.

I don't mind Urruti at this point for Cabrera or something like that

He's unproven, but his quality definitely shows when you watch him play. Many teams in Spain and Mexico are interested too. He might not be the biggest name, but were not the only ones interested which is a good sign.

From what I've seen in gameplay so far, he's a complete fwd. Played in a 4-4-2 in which he was more of a striker, but I heard the commentators say that both the fwds in Penarol surprisingly worked well together despite having the same qualities (they're both CFs). For that matter, you can still see him implicated outside the box even though he's supposed to be more of a striker in the 4-4-2, has a good first touch, good speed and his teammates are always crossing the ball to him for a header. Also has sneaky 1 on 1 moves, he's not a dribbler like Nacho, but he can beat guys 1 on 1 if he needs to. He's naturally more of a CF than a striker.

It's tricky to project South Americans in the MLS, because the game is so different over there. It's much more defensive and quite broken going forward, not as up and down. But the good thing with this guy, from what I've seen, is that he definitely stands out in the technical and physical aspect from the rest of the players. I think this is a guy who just came into his own, it's not only about the 9 goals in 12 games, but he also stands out in many other ways. I think he'd be a beast in MLS.

Reactions: ShaMu and ArtPeur

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
You can also see he's not kidding around with his physical shape. Shows dedication.

0026265070.jpeg

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Forte rumeur qui circule à la Coupe #MLS
L’Impact pourrait faire l’acquisition de Max Urruti du FC Dallas
Un attaquant qui a aussi joué (#10 et/ou 9 1/2) en fin de saison.
#IMFC
#MLSTVASports #ImpactTVASports

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He's a CF but he plays like a 10 or false 9. If we sign a real CF, we'll be good.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I believe Cabrera or Vargas and TAM would be going the other way. Dallas is rebuilding.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
His shots often come from just outside the box, he really is like a CAM in the final third, but I don't think he covers enough ground to play mid. If he comes with another CF, I'm cool with it, but if he's supposed to be our main guy up front, I think we're gonna be disappointed.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Urruti-Fernandez
Piatti-Taider-Piette-Silva
Lovitz-Raitala/Camacho/Diallo-Fanni-Sagna

or

Fernandez
Piatti-Urruti-Silva
Taider-Piette
Lovitz-Raitala/Camacho/Diallo-Fanni-Sagna

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I believe Cabrera or Vargas and TAM would be going the other way. Dallas is rebuilding.

Looks like Cabrera may end up going the other way. But from what I understand from Nilton's tweet is that IMFC is trying to include him in the deal. I may be misreading it, though.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I remember when he first arrived at Toronto. He was traded almost on the spot :laugh:
Not the best striker, (he's been in many different teams in the league) but certainly better than nothing. From watching a lot of games under Pareja he's someone with significant endurance but he can be a playmaker as well.

In orderfor it to be a 'good trade' it's all about what we give back in return. But wasn't he interested in an NOB return, like 2 weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->