Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Lmao

Is Mallace still even in the MLS?

Did Diallo play a competitive game last season? If it doesn't work with him we're in deep trouble because Camacho is good 1 game and terrible 3 games.

He played 7 games this year with LAFC and got his option declined. This is a guy played +100 games in Montreal. He could find a team wherever in Scotland next.

For the Draft, we're at #34 (if they don't trade it), I'd def draft a RB and hope he could make the team by next year, so like a Salazar, Porter or Krolicki and I could go on, in their first camps.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
so if Bayern lose tomorrow, that's where he's headed?

Idk who that guy is, but looks like a soon to be elite #8.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
He's already playing at a high level and only 24!!

Meanwhile we sign a reject from the Malaysian league that was a teammate to Ontivero in NoVillo.

This guy just played last week against Juventus where they won 2-1. What's surprising is that he could've joined a top league in Europe. (He still can tho, he's still young). But MLS >>Swiss league

Fair to say that Cincinatti on paper are better than IMFC, Adi, Mattocks, Lamah, Fernandez?, Waston, Garza, Ulloa, this guy. We only have Urruti upfront, then Silva, Piatti, Mehder. Players we can't get rid of. Fanni is most likely not returning... It's gonna be a long long season if they don't wake their behinds up.

The latter is apparently a top 5 prospect in the upcoming draft.

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

Mourinho just can't get the best out of his players so he treats them like crap and ends up losing them and doing his dirty laundry in the press. He doesnt come cheap and isnt the guy who brings the most attractive football either, so if he's not bringing in the big trophies, there's no point.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Meanwhile we sign a reject from the Malaysian league that was a teammate to Ontivero in NoVillo.

This guy just played last week against Juventus where they won 2-1. What's surprising is that he could've joined a top league in Europe. (He still can tho, he's still young). But MLS >>Swiss league

Fair to say that Cincinatti on paper are better than IMFC, Adi, Mattocks, Lamah, Fernandez?, Waston, Garza, Ulloa, this guy. We only have Urruti upfront, then Silva, Piatti, Mehder. Players we can't get rid of. Fanni is most likely not returning... It's gonna be a long long season if they don't wake their behinds up.

The latter is apparently a top 5 prospect in the upcoming draft.

Cincy has a good lineup, but no apparent superstar. Piatti alone probably scores more goals than all the guys you listed combined.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Earthquakes not shy to take a subtle shot at MLS and Atlanta. It's all in good fun but I do like their tweet.

I like when teams take jabs at each other. Atlanta fans/media are indeed over-the-top and think too much of themselves (despite the fact that they are indeed an impressive crowd and support a really talented team).

Also, since I know a few of you are interested, here's Alex Bunbury talking about a future MTL CPL franchise.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Cincy has a good lineup, but no apparent superstar. Piatti alone probably scores more goals than all the guys you listed combined.
Fernandez alone has a better resume and more trophies than anyone on this team.
Piatti turns 34 in a few months, Lamah scored 8 goals, Mattocks scored 10. Are you gonna say that again?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Mourinho just can't get the best out of his players so he treats them like crap and ends up losing them and doing his dirty laundry in the press. He doesnt come cheap and isnt the guy who brings the most attractive football either, so if he's not bringing in the big trophies, there's no point.

Mourinho needs a long break. He doesn't seem to enjoy coaching anymore. Since his stint in Madrid, he went from cheeky, confident coach to a bitter whining one. His players used to want to go through walls for him. Not the case anymore.

Reactions: ShaMu

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Fernandez alone has a better resume and more trophies than anyone on this team.
Piatti turns 34 in a few months, Lamah scored 8 goals, Mattocks scored 10. Are you gonna say that again?

Let's see how Mattocks does without Luciano Acosta and Rooney. He just had a career year, after only scoring 24 goals the previous 7 years.

Lamah is a surer bet, but everybody thought the same about Meram when he was traded to Orlando last year.

I like Adi, but he fell off a cliff last year.

I love Waston, but he prevents more than he scores, as a CB. Garza is really creative and a top notch left back, but he's not a goal scorer either.

Expansion/promotion teams are always sexy (except for the Impact :() because they make a lot of moves to improve their team/build a new lineup, but few have ever lived up to their expectations. Atlanta fell flat on their face last year, same thing for LAFC this year after a crazy start. Orlando was hyped as hell as well and fared even worse. Toronto got destroyed for a few years when they entered MLS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those four entries did not fail for lack of investments like what the Impact and Whitecaps experienced. Personally, I see Cincy fighting for a playoff spot. They won't be outmatched like Minnesota was, but they won't walk over the competition either.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Alessandrini would be perfect..

I just don't know how we'd manage with our current salary cap + intl. spot situation, and also can he be a permanent fix at CAM?

Maybe Silva goes the other way, Alessandrini is more of a finisher. But just how much does that make us better?

Maybe Nacho...

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Let's see how Mattocks does without Luciano Acosta and Rooney. He just had a career year, after only scoring 24 goals the previous 7 years.

Lamah is a surer bet, but everybody thought the same about Meram when he was traded to Orlando last year.

I like Adi, but he fell off a cliff last year.

I love Waston, but he prevents more than he scores, as a CB. Garza is really creative and a top notch left back, but he's not a goal scorer either.

Expansion/promotion teams are always sexy (except for the Impact :() because they make a lot of moves to improve their team/build a new lineup, but few have ever lived up to their expectations. Atlanta fell flat on their face last year, same thing for LAFC this year after a crazy start. Orlando was hyped as hell as well and fared even worse. Toronto got destroyed for a few years when they entered MLS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those four entries did not fail for lack of investments like what the Impact and Whitecaps experienced. Personally, I see Cincy fighting for a playoff spot. They won't be outmatched like Minnesota was, but they won't walk over the competition either.
going off the rail, no one said that. I said they are the better on paper today. They've got better defense, midfield and attack. It has nothing to do with Piatti scoring 15 goals. I just said to you Mattocks scored 10 goals and you give me the excuse that he had Acosta?? Well he still scored 10 goals lmao
And btw a vast majority of his goals came before.Rooney's arrival because his minutes drastically decreased. Will he score the same amount next year ? Who knows but fact to the matter is that him alone is a proven goalscorer.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
4428g.gif

Any thoughts on David Tyree, bruh?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Alessandrini would be perfect..
He ticks a lot of Garde's boxes, I'm sure he'd be glad to have him. He's a proven MLS player too so we wouldn't have to worry about him learning the style and all that jazz. Being in an heavily french speaking locker room might make it all the more appealing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad