Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
If it really is Fanny vs Sagna it will be a tough choice.

On one hand Fanni is the most reliable CB we’ve had in ages, on the other hand, we have no one else on RB

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If they don't sign Fanni, might as well not sign Sagna neither. Use the money you spent on both to get help at mid and upfront. Raitala did good at RB the couple of games he was there + plays the position in his NT. You can also sign a cheaper, more dynamic wingback.

The problem though, is that you're one injury away from Cabrera as starting CB again, and that's not good enough.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If it really is Fanny vs Sagna it will be a tough choice.

On one hand Fanni is the most reliable CB we’ve had in ages, on the other hand, we have no one else on RB
Raitala.

I was gonna say Raitala and a 1st rounder high prospect RB (like Rosenberry, Lima, Auro) could've been our options next year but we dumped our 1st pick in one of the worst trade (and probably the best thing for whomever was gonna end up here, dodged a bullet).

Anyway, There's no reason to have an expensive RB. But then again we have so many International CBs. They always put themselves in some mess. How about dumping one of Camacho/Diallo and re-signing Fanni? They didn't think of that?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Raitala.

I was gonna say Raitala and a 1st rounder high prospect RB (like Rosenberry, Lima, Auro) could've been our options next year but we dumped our 1st pick in one of the worst trade (and probably the best thing for whomever was gonna end up here, dodged a bullet).

Anyway, There's no reason to have an expensive RB. But then again we have so many International CBs. They always put themselves in some mess. How about dumping one of Camacho/Diallo and re-signing Fanni? They didn't think of that?

The issue is term. You can't just dump a player under contract, you have to find a home for him, via trade or loan.

By the way, Adam Braz is good at this stuff. I doubt he would have found himself still in this position at this point without solving the problem.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If they don't sign Fanni, might as well not sign Sagna neither. Use the money you spent on both to get help at mid and upfront. Raitala did good at RB the couple of games he was there + plays the position in his NT. You can also sign a cheaper, more dynamic wingback.

The problem though, is that you're one injury away from Cabrera as starting CB again, and that's not good enough.

The only reason we had a good second half is that Fanni secured the backline and Sagna added more performance.

It's sexy to want goals, but preventing a goal is as important as scoring one.

I want both Fanni and Sagna for a year, and a succession plan for the back line that includes Raitala.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Raitala.

It's crazy how you change your mind so quickly, 3-4 days ago you said Urruti was perfect for the Impact and now you say it's one of the worst trade.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The only reason we had a good second half is that Fanni secured the backline and Sagna added more performance.

It's sexy to want goals, but preventing a goal is as important as scoring one.

I want both Fanni and Sagna for a year, and a succession plan for the back line that includes Raitala.
"The only reason"? No, but Fanni was vital I agree. Yet the original Fanni was supposed to be Diallo. It all depends on how Remi evaluates what he has in hand, if he believes Camacho can be consistent and believes Diallo can remain healthy. That said, Diallo's and Camacho's injury history throughout their careers is what makes the decision even harder.

We were 3rd to last in goals last year in the conference, goals remain a necessity, mainly in a league where offense rules. The pressure of going into games knowing you'll score only 1 or 2 is huge. It often dictates how disciplined a team will remain tactically after conceding, specially on the road. Even with Fanni and Sagna, mid and forwards remain a necessity for this team, the problem wont just go away and things wont necessarily pan out like the second half of last season.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The issue is term. You can't just dump a player under contract, you have to find a home for him, via trade or loan.

By the way, Adam Braz is good at this stuff. I doubt he would have found himself still in this position at this point without solving the problem.

Braz didn't do crap about Mancosu/Oduro(for almost a season)/Cabrera ect.

He sent Lefebvre home, that's about as good as it got with him.

You can't trade assets if nobody wants them. That's the main problem, recruitment and stupid contracts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
It's crazy how you change your mind so quickly, 3-4 days ago you said Urruti was perfect for the Impact and now you say it's one of the worst trade.

Yup didn't know his 2019 and 2020 salary at the time. Big time overpaid. It's a whole new game.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

I think you can dump one player per pre season.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We got played big time. Underpaid so we can overpay Urruti. I still cant believe it. 1.2mil for Urruti... I hope he is DP so we can save some cap money.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
lol, another team run by morons

"Concacaf to date has not received a formal request from any party to consider sanctioning the participation of the Ottawa Fury in the 2019 season of the USL, despite public announcements by Ottawa Fury that it would be doing so;"

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
In Vargas case it's more than likely to be a loan, but I meant to get rid of his contract on the MLS cap more than anything. I know you personally like the kid, but so far it has proven to be an awful investment.

Whether I like Vargas or not doesnt matter, he has value because of his age and quality. You were talking about moving him asap to make space for two guys who are over 35. This is the type of short-sightedness that kills this team, and I hate to see fans espouse it.

I do have to say though, I think he's been a better investment so far than Barco at 16M, imho. To me, young investments like him are less of a problem for the cap than guys like Camacho, Mancosu, Oduro, Bernardello, allouette - or signing expensive retirees who will leave zero return on investment, and then cry and cry in the media how you're loosing money and that this city owes you.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Whether I like Vargas or not doesnt matter, he has value because of his age and quality.
2i7pk6p.jpg

I do have to say though, I think he's been a better investment so far than Barco at 16M, imho.
99feq8.gif

There is no way in hell Vargas is better than Barco at anything. Not even peeling an orange. Atlanta can sell Barco at any time for around the same price, we aren't even sure if teams are interested in Vargas. If he stays, let's hope he finds a way to actually touch the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayKing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad