Impact Thread : Goodbye Ale-Alejandro Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I'm already making my bold prediction for next season.

Rudy Camacho will prove all the haters wrong. I remember last season when he back-to-back shut down Dom Dwyer, which was something Ciman or Cabrera never achieved.

It's obvious he got tired and had a ton of nagging injuries that slowed him down. But still, he's better than some of you give him credit for. His offensive instincts were fun to watch, and I'm really hoping for the best with that one.

Lol Dom Dwyer... B rate MLS striker. Acosta/Rooney, Giovinco made him look silly. I'm skipping BWP because it was his first gme. He may have a better season which won't be much of an achievement but not worth the 700k. He's a third CB on a good team. I take Raitala or Cabrera any day of the week. Camacho has the most awkward contract in MLS. There's no way this team keeps both Diallo & Camacho past July. I think one of Fisher/TMG will come back. We are the only team with no domestic CBs.

Here are my bold predictions: Impact won't make the playoffs (Again), Shome becomes a starter, Garde gets canned.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Confident that he’ll be the third string for the next three years

Harsh. We never know, buddy. It seems like they think Pantemis is much better to Crepeau. I hope he gets loaned somewhere he'll get regular minutes even for a few games. FCM were stacked with decent Goalkeepers. Yann Fillion signed for Zurich a few years ago but plays in Swiss 2nd division now on loan.

Sampaoli to Santos and not Atanta. The frontrunners are still GBS, Pardew(Lol) and Bielsa. Bielsa is a good coach (and coached Tata back in the days) but man would he turn Atlanta into some Marine intensive training camp. Passionate is the word to describe Bielsa. Would be interestingto see him in MLS.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Pity Martinez confirms he’s moving to Atlanta

Almiron is probably leaving and they still manage to get better lmao

My eyes are now set on Juan Fernando Quintero to replace Nacho.
mV9eSm1.png

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
My eyes are now set on Juan Fernando Quintero to replace Nacho.
mV9eSm1.png

Chicago offered 18 million for his services last I heard of him in MLS. Anyway, give him VIP spots to the hottest clubs and restaurants in town and he'll come in a heartbeat. He has MAJOR fitness issues and very injury prone with no cardio and he's only 25. Sad story, He wouldn't flop as hard as Vargas but I highly doubt someone like Garde could handle him. He would throw tantrums left and right for not getting the ball. Trust me I know this player. Highlights only show the best parts, Bielsa is made to be his coach not Garde.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I have no problem with this. If Ottawa plays in CanPL and remains our affiliate, they could potentially act more like our farm team.
Not sure it will happen. I know people in that organisation. They are PISSED. All has already been done regarding the next season in ihe USL. I suspect some brown envelopes have been passed.

Don't be surprised if the owners just fold the team up. They are mightily pissed.

CONCACAF is a joke of an organisation, with each and every president since 1990 indicted of fraud or money laudering. Except this president. And it's still early in his tenure.

Reactions: TRG

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not sure it will happen. I know people in that organisation. They are PISSED. All has already been done regarding the next season in ihe USL. I suspect some brown envelopes have been passed.

Don't be surprised if the owners just fold the team up. They are mightily pissed.

CONCACAF is a joke of an organisation, with each and every president since 1990 indicted of fraud or money laudering. Except this president. And it's still early in his tenure.

It doesn't surprise me that Ottawa is upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad