Impact thread - Saputo n'est pas Briand Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Exclusive: Former PL star Bacary Sagna signs for MLS side Montreal | FootballFanCast.com

“Yes, there were some great offers elsewhere from some very good clubs in the MLS and Europe and I was flattered to receive many of them but going to Montreal feels right for many reasons. The Impact head coach, Remi Garde, is someone I have a lot of respect for. I spoke at length with him and he made me feel wanted. He explained the project at hand, the way his side sets up and why he would like me in his team.

I also talked with a few others about Montreal as a club and only heard great things about the fans, the Club President Joey Saputo, as well as some of the other key people and staff involved there. On top of this, Montreal is one the great cultural cities within the Americas, with its diversity and great lifestyle. It is also a city with huge sporting traditions and I cannot wait to make my own mark here. I hope the knowledge and experience I have gained throughout my career is going to help the club be successful.

This is going to be a great journey for me and my family. I sincerely hope that I can bring a smile or two to the faces of all the Impact fans. I can’t wait to get started and embrace all that the club and the city has to offer. Exciting times lie ahead for sure.”

Reactions: QuebecPride

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I wonder what's the point anymore?

We've needed a striker and a midfielder since the beginning of the season, and they just woke up now with only 10 games left? They're going to sign a striker with only 5-6 games left?

10 games left + the playoffs. Besides the fact that interesting free agents are rarely available in the winter mercato, it sets the table for next year in terms of the adaption of said player.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

"I also talked with a few others about Montreal as a club and only heard great things about the fans, the Club President Joey Saputo, as well as some of the other key people and staff involved there."

d178562e7bbf888461e8b60668f6af21.gif

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
She worked 38 years for Bologna, got a watch. You better feel something.

There's an old Dusty promo for that :nod:
'' And hard times are when a man has worked at a job thirty years — thirty years! — they give him a watch, kick him in the butt and say 'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy!'. That's hard times! That's hard times. ''

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
When Mancosu is still you're striker with 10 games left and the mercato done, that's hard times daddy, hard times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad