Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Sagna's wife is the biggest acquisition though
HheJyou.png

article-2698900-1FCE47F300000578-746_634x688.jpg

Bruh.

I wanted to show some Sagna pics to my brother because he is an old Arsenal fan... then I noticed Sagna's wife

I also liked Amarikwa... 5-6 years ago

Reactions: HabsHater9000

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Music to my ears. Let's hope he can get his confidence back with us

Number one step for him will be to be able to play back to back as starter, not expecting plenty of goals but not expecting blunders as well. He doesn't earn nearly 300k for no reason. Our CF depth chart look like this to me

Amarikwa
Mancosu
AJH/Salazar/Depuy

It's all up to Garde, I hope he can come off the bench starting this weekend,

JP also thinks Depuy has potential so...

yup, just like Krolicki and Fisher. Your messiah AJH can't even control a ball.

Last edited:

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
WOW not a forward but super excited to see Sagna!!! Huge City fan and he played great with City and he is a great guy on and off the field!!! Super excited to see Bacary with the Impact wow!!!!

Reactions: dinodebino

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Number one step for him will be to be able to play back to back as starter, not expecting plenty of goals but not expecting blunders as well. He doesn't earn nearly 300k for no reason. Our CF depth chart look like this to me

Amarikwa
Mancosu
AJH/Salazar/Depuy

It's all up to Garde, I hope he can come off the bench starting this weekend,

yup, just like Krolicki and Fisher. Your messiah AJH can't even control a ball.

All I said about AJH is that he was a productive sub. Never said he would be a star or had huge potential. My analysis was based on what he actually did on the pitch, not on some ridiculous agenda.

At least Fisher and Krolicki showed something (that they could be average players, which is good)... unlike freaking Depuy or your other binky Romario Williams. AJH actually showed something last year. This year? He sucks and is always hurt.

Our new CF hasn't scored in 2 years and has a bum knee. Yet, you think he is now #1 on the depth chart. He might very well bounce back, but it would be a surprise. No one should put any hope there. It is a bonus if he does well.

To your credit, you are a great troll.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
All I said about AJH is that he was a productive sub. Never said he would be a star or had huge potential. My analysis was based on what he actually did on the pitch, not on some ridiculous agenda.

At least Fisher and Krolicki showed something (that they could be average players, which is good)... unlike freaking Depuy or your other binky Romario Williams. AJH actually showed something last year. This year? He sucks and is always hurt.

Our new CF hasn't scored in 2 years and has a bum knee. Yet, you think he is now #1 on the depth chart. He might very well bounce back, but it would be a surprise. No one should put any hope there. It is a bonus if he does well.

To your credit, you are a great troll.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Would you like to see my o30 highlights? Scored a nice header last week.
if it can match that vid, sure. No mediocrity allowed.

and being the #1 CF at the moment with Impact is like being the tallest short guy.. You act as if Di Vaio was still around, you really think Amarikwa is worse than Mancosu? :laugh::laugh::laugh: if he hadn't gotten injured he would still be a SJ player.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Holy f***, first night of the past week or two I go to bed early and I miss all the action. I think Arcadio resumed it perfectly, good acquisitions, but the biggest hole hasn't been filled.

Sagna will be amongst the best Right backs in the league. He will easily be the Impact's best lateral ever, unless age hits him hard. I loved Oyongo, but this is a whole other level. Only two years ago, he played almost (if not all?) the minutes for France when they reached the 2016 Euro Final.

Also, looks like we snagged him right in Atlanta's face as they were negotiating with him for a while now.

giphy.gif

and being the #1 CF at the moment with Impact is like being the tallest short guy.. You act as if Di Vaio was still around, you really think Amarikwa is worse than Mancosu? :laugh::laugh::laugh: if he hadn't gotten injured he would still be a SJ player.

I disagree. If there's one thing going well for San José, it's their CFs. Hoesen and Wondolowski (he's slowing down but still a good MLS player) are better than Amarikwa. They traded from a sorta position of strength.

But honestly, I hope they give a good chance to Amarikwa. Even if he's not good at scoring goals, as long as he doesn't jump when a tap-in is coming his way from Nacho/Silva, he'll be an upgrade over mancsoncoup.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I disagree. If there's one thing going well for San José, it's their CFs. Hoesen and Wondolowski (he's slowing down but still a good MLS player) are better than Amarikwa. They traded from a sorta position of strength.

Now yes, they are stacked with forwards, but Hoesen was brought in (initially on loan) due to Amarikwa's injury as a temporary replacement, the next season, along with Marco Urena... So no Amarikwa getting injured means there would be no Hoesen in SJ, period. SJ's plan was to play Amarikwa and Wondo up top (they did for a long time), and he was an undisputed starter till his major injury. You think they would give a nearly 300k contract for a fringe player? Re-read the part you have bolded.

As for Sagna he'll be the best or at least top 3 RB. Ppl whining about his age don't know nothing.
I haven't followed him in years but from what I remember he's got a high IQ, can read the game well, never relied on speed, could still play at a high level. Like Amarikwa, only his fitness level can be an issue.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I missed the action yesterday as I had to pull a double shift at work and had a meeting afterwards. When I got home, I checked out quickly what IMFC did, but didn't check it in detail. I went straight to bed.

I'm happy they made some moves.

- Azira hasn't played much this year. A handful of MLS games and looking at tranfermarkt (who isn't always up to date), he's played 1 USL game. I did a quick check and didn't find anything, but I'm guessing he was injured, which would explain him not playing many games in either MLS or USL. He should help unload Piette a bit from his heavy respnsibilities, as well as help the defense, and most importantly, he'll help Taider focus more on offense.

- Sanga is like Fanni Part Deux. Older veteran presence who still has legs and will help solidify the back line. I don't know what Duvall's injury status is, but Garde surely wants someone other than Petrasso as an option. Sanga's played in some of the top leagues and competitions in the world and that's invaluable experience.

- Amarikwa, for me, is "let's see." He hasn't scored since 2016, but he hasn't played much since then either. Compared to Mancosu:

Mancosu in 2017 & so far in 2018 has played in 42 games and 2691 minutes.
Amarikwa in 2017 & so far in 2018 has played in 23 games and 419 minutes.

At least there are a few faces in a certain position that can change the dynamic a bit on the pitch.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I missed the action yesterday as I had to pull a double shift at work and had a meeting afterwards. When I got home, I checked out quickly what IMFC did, but didn't check it in detail. I went straight to bed.

I'm happy they made some moves.

- Azira hasn't played much this year. A handful of MLS games and looking at tranfermarkt (who isn't always up to date), he's played 1 USL game. I did a quick check and didn't find anything, but I'm guessing he was injured, which would explain him not playing many games in either MLS or USL. He should help unload Piette a bit from his heavy respnsibilities, as well as help the defense, and most importantly, he'll help Taider focus more on offense.

- Sanga is like Fanni Part Deux. Older veteran presence who still has legs and will help solidify the back line. I don't know what Duvall's injury status is, but Garde surely wants someone other than Petrasso as an option. Sanga's played in some of the top leagues and competitions in the world and that's invaluable experience.

- Amarikwa, for me, is "let's see." He hasn't scored since 2016, but he hasn't played much since then either. Compared to Mancosu:

Mancosu in 2017 & so far in 2018 has played in 42 games and 2691 minutes.
Amarikwa in 2017 & so far in 2018 has played in 23 games and 419 minutes.

At least there are a few faces in a certain position that can change the dynamic a bit on the pitch.

Sagna Adam, pas Sanga :laugh:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
RB was a real issue so I'm glad we have solidified a key position for the next couple years. Getting some needed depth in the middle and up front is nice as well. I really wish we could have solved the 9 situation but I guess it just wasn't happening this year . It still sucks though cause you add Briand to the lineup and we're suddenly pretty solid everywhere with all the CBs coming back.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Calm your arrogant ass and learn to read.

I am making fun on your enthousiasm regarding a player that might very well be damaged good and that was never that impressive to begin with. I am not saying that Mancosu is any good (he isn't) or that Amarikwa cannot be our number 1 (well, he really shouldn't be and that says more about how bad our strikers are than it says about him). What I am saying is that acting as though this new guy, who hasn't scored in two years AND is coming off a VERY bad injury, is our da facto best option at CF is pretty dumb. We all hope he can be an upgrade, but, at this point, it is a long shot, A VERY LONG ONE AT THAT! The guy has STARTED the majority of his team's games twice in his entire career (2014 and 2015). He had 8 and 6 goals. Far from a stud, hey? And that was BEFORE the knee injury. 0 goals in 14 appearances this year.

Hell, the guy has 24 career MLS goals in 190 matchs (0.13 goal per appearance), he is no stud. He has played more than 20 games... twice in 10 years! His best season is 8 goals in 32 appearance (0.25 GPA). Even AJH, who you bitch about all the time, has a better GPA (12 goals in 55 appearances with only 12 starts - 0.22 GPA). AJH even has more goals (2) this year... in only one less appearance (5 more starts, though).

Mancosu, who we all rightfully hate, has 3 goals in 16 appearances this year, that's 0,19 goals per appearance... which is better than what your "OMG HE WOULD STILL BE IN SJ IF HE HADN'T BEEN INJURED" guy for his ENTIRE career. Mancosu even has a better career assist-per-appearance ratio of 0.12 APA versus 0.1 for Amarikwa.

Basically, we traded a lemon for a lemon. Nothing to be excited about and it would be surprising if Amarikwa is anything more than a sub (if he even sees the field). We would all like him to be better than that and provide us a better option than Mancosu, but if you look at the guy's entire career, it is HIGHLY unlikely. It is not because our strikers are soooooooooo good that he has no chance of dislodging them... it is because he f***ing sucks and has for his entire freaking career. I am not saying he will be a dud for us, hell, I hope he isn't, but all signs point to him not bringing much to the table.

The most annoying thing is that if, by some miracle, he ends up being a good performer for us (and we ALL hope he will, because our strikers are shit), you will brag about it as if you had forseen something. That's called the Don Cherry technique; say as much stupid shit as humanly possible and brag when one of your asanine predictions become true.

But, yeah, show us your YT highlight videos, they really mean something. Depuy will be a star any minute.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I have a hard time believing they swept into the Sagna bid against ATL, will waste the second to last year of Nacho, Fanni and Sagna having Malconçu avoiding the ball at all costs in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->