Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Funny that once again, you're alone in your make believe logic and you're the only one to tell me this.

The key word in that post was "up until now". Academies take time, there's no rushing things. Mathieu Chouinard was our 1st player EVER to got threw the whole thing and sign with the club. To cut spendings on the academy is to cut funds in the team's future potential succes, period. Why cut when your U-19, U-17 and U-15 teams are all dominating competition?

They have to invest for more for top quality coaches, not less. More and more kids play the sport now, so the curve of promotions to 1st team will go upwards in the next couple years.

Folding FC Montreal was also a very costly mistake. Guys like Meilleur, Choiniere brothers, LBG, Clement Bahiya, etc are spare parts in Ottawa and have minimal contact with Impact management.

If Saputo wants to talk about cutting spendings, stop overpaying marginal players year after year.
Don't worry, me being the only one to believe one thing is a good sign as history shows...

First I have no clue who the heck is Mathieu Chouinard? Our first player to what?? Get your facts right before saying anything and the funny part is you still got sheeps.

Academies don't cost much in all fairness, it's pointless to break it down like that because it's already set. I'm sure if Garde would come out and say that he was behind the idea of cutting funds for the academy to focus more on the Senior side you would all be bowing saying ',good move coach':laugh::laugh:

This team will need a reserve team at some point. I rather have a grrat team over a great academy. You can find extremely talented players anywhere in this province. Just gotta find scouts. Cutting a few millions wong stall players development. Can't be that naive. Back in the days there were no academies in MLS and you still had solid players. Next.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Don't worry, me being the only one to believe one thing is a good sign as history shows...

First I have no clue who the heck is Mathieu Chouinard? Our first player to what?? Get your facts right before saying anything and the funny part is you still got sheeps.

Academies don't cost much in all fairness, it's pointless to break it down like that because it's already set. I'm sure if Garde would come out and say that he was behind the idea of cutting funds for the academy to focus more on the Senior side you would all be bowing saying ',good move coach':laugh::laugh:

This team will need a reserve team at some point. I rather have a grrat team over a great academy. You can find extremely talented players anywhere in this province. Just gotta find scouts. Cutting a few millions wong stall players development. Can't be that naive. Back in the days there were no academies in MLS and you still had solid players. Next.
History's shown you're the joke of the fan base here, nothing more.

And as if you couldn't figure out that my phone autocorrected Choinière to Chouinard...

You whole idea and expectations about academies is just so terrible, we'll just leave it there.

Reactions: TRG

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
History's shown you're the joke of the fan base here, nothing more.

And as if you couldn't figure out that my phone autocorrected Choinière to Chouinard...

You whole idea and expectations about academies is just so terrible, we'll just leave it there.

o_O well whatever helps you sleep at night. I don't even know who u are and youre trying to be an expert now.saying choiniere is the first academy player? Im just waiting time at this point. Lmao

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
This was my pick to replace Nacho. He's Acosta on roids.

You're kidding right? You really think Joey can afford Pity Martinez? He's already playing for Argentina, been Europe bound for years and is probably the best player based of all South America today (along with Pavón). Going to Atl just because of Tata. These players are just out of IMFC's league. Even Juanfer may be too expensive but he'll play well here, his loan at River is not going too well (ending in December), so perhaps a 2019 loan?

Impact should go players like : Rafa Borré, Nicolas benedetti, Villa from Boca Juniors or some Ligue 1 talent.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Leave some for the other teams Atlanta, jeez :shakehead

Don’t worry, soon Miami will be taking care of such problems

On another note, Joey really needs to hire better soccer people. I don’t think that Joey is fundamentally cheap, but his group made some godawful decisions over the years.

Vargas was bought for 3.3M USD back in 2016 and loaned for two years in south america, where he had some potential with 9 goals 8 assists in 42 games for CDUC. But in the MLS he always looked out of shape and weak physically.

Then you have Mancosu, Camacho, Cabrera who have 2 million in salaries between them 3.

Piatti makes twice as much as Valeri (4.7 vs 2.4) and in my opinion, Piatti is just slightly better. As much as I love Piatti, he costs 1-1.5 million too much. I also think we gave 500k to Ontivero last year.

So we regularly have 3-5 million or so spent unwisely and it’s a lot in this league

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Don’t worry, soon Miami will be taking care of such problems

On another note, Joey really needs to hire better soccer people. I don’t think that Joey is fundamentally cheap, but his group made some godawful decisions over the years.

Vargas was bought for 3.3M USD back in and loaned for two years in south america, where he had some potential 9 goals 8 assists in 42 games. But in the MLS he always looked out of shape and weak physically.

Then you have Mancosu, Camacho, Cabrera who have 2 million in salaries between them 3.

Piatti makes twice as much as Valeri (4.7 vs 2.4) and in my opinion, Piatti is just slightly better. As much as I love Piatti, he costs 1-1.5 million too much. I also think we gave 500k to Ontivero last year.

So we regularly have 3-5 million or so spent unwisely and it’s a lot in this league

But but but, the Academy funding is what should be cut :(

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
What other owner in MLS has paid as little as that for a stadium? He still complains when he was pretty much gifted the thing.

He has paid 30 % of it, he keeps 100 % of the profits and he still complains about the taxes that decreased by 25 % last year when the average for everybody else was a rise of 3,3 %... and most of them aren't billionaires. What other business allows you to get 100 % of the profits while only owning 30 % of it?

Cheaputo really deserves his name.

The Impact will keep on struggling as long as he'll be the owner.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
First player to go through the ENTIRE program, I think.

I know what he was trying to say, but thats not too fair. A lot of players join academies in their mid/late teens when they are crazy good, better than players who went through every categories and only need a year or two before turning pro. That was the case with Raheem Edwards. Different paths for different players. Saputo cutting budget for academy doesnt mean we wont develop players. He realized that he had too much hope and overspent for no particular reasons, while the first team suffered.

We are a top 5 team when it comes for academies but at the bottom five in terms of producing talent. We can still have players that are better than some Lyon academy products and this teams needs to scout the whole country; starting from this province and get wonderkids. This isnt Paris you wont find all youth talent in one specific region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->