Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
He's taking the spot of Vargas or Cabrera, how is that bad?

Both are still with the team though, unless I missed something? And you sure this Novillo nobody will be an upgrade to anything? I'd take Vargas in my team over that guy anyday, and my team wouldnt be coached by a Wenger clone.

The only reason we signed this Novillo guy is becaus he's French and was at Lyon. It's gonna be a long shitty season again.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We couldn't find a Novillo that was American/Canadian? He played in Malaysia where he was dropped for not being good enough, Turkish 3rd division and a journeyman he should've been signed in CPL.

This team makes my scalp itchy. So yea I guess we'll trade for International spots.

Another Vargas too

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
We couldn't find a Novillo that was American/Canadian? He played in Malaysia where he was dropped for not being good enough, Turkish 3rd division and a journeyman he should've been signed in CPL.

This team makes my scalp itchy. So yea I guess we'll trade for International spots.

Another Vargas too

- Chérie, je quitte pour le Canada

- Pas question

- *pow*

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Just checked his IG and stories. Complete douchebag.

As long as he can break ankles at 70'+, we'll be fine.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I’ll reserve judgement until I see him on the field but seems like a waste of intl spot.

No one has expectations from him which could be a good thing for him. I think that people are just disappointed that this guy is our first signature for the upcoming year and an Int in a position that's already covered. I also believe had he joined the team in February or March (when the roster is supposed to be near completed) no one would care. I know I wouldn't.

Seeing a local young guy like D.Choiniere or Edwards there would've been better. If he blows up like BWP did, then Garde is a genius, otherwise it's a waste. Now let's guess Novillo's salary, 500k? 600k?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If the Alessandrini rumors are true (I think they are, since they can't get rid of the Dos Santos bros) Who's leaving ? I hope they won't trade Silva ...:mad: Alessadrini is the most selfish player in MLS.

this team will become Impact Nouvelle-France :help:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
If the Alessandrini rumors are true (I think they are, since they can't get rid of the Dos Santos bros) Who's leaving ? I hope they won't trade Silva ...:mad: Alessadrini is the most selfish player in MLS.

this team will become Impact Nouvelle-France :help:

We’re the new Françafrique

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Patrick Leduc nommé directeur administratif des opérations soccer de l'Impact

Patrick Leduc nommé directeur administratif des opérations soccer de l'Impact | ICI.Radio-Canada.ca

What does that mean? That he'll find YouTube highlights of Argentinian players for NDS?

What are his qualifications? Being a D2 player 15 years ago? I mean, I like the guy, I really do, but we look like amateur hour again by hiring one of our OWN boys to run the club.

EDIT:

Le Québécois de 40 ans supervisera les programmes et les budgets de l'Académie, ainsi que les opérations du centre Nutrilait, tout en étant le principal lien avec la première équipe pour les joueurs développés au sein de la structure du club.

Ok, fair enough, but still, what are his damn qualifications?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
What does that mean? That he'll find YouTube highlights of Argentinian players for NDS?

What are his qualifications? Being a D2 player 15 years ago? I mean, I like the guy, I really do, but we look like amateur hour again by hiring one of our OWN boys to run the club.

EDIT:

Check LinkedIn.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

EDIT:

I believe he has been involved in a few school programs for Soccer in the Montréal region. He has also recently coached (as an assistant I believe) a youth men national team.

I struggle to understand what are his qualifications on the business side personally, but I can jump on board for the Soccer/academy qualifications. Apparently it's quite hard to get to coach for the Canadian youth teams.

FYI, it's 7 Pro scouts and 12 amateur scouts. NDS will oversee South American scouting for Bologna/Montréal.

Also, really interesting thread

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I read the descritption of Ledu's new responsibilities, but I dont really get what he's supposed to actually be doing. Like he's supposed to "bridge the gap" between the academy, U19 and the pros... like how? Par la pensée magique?
There's no bridging the gap as long as there's no reserve team, and Leduc is not a reserve team. Will he be mandated to put one together, say, in the PDL at least? I highly doubt it.

Anyone know if the press conference is available somewhere?

Good to hear the news about a scouting team, though.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I have no issue with NDS becoming a head scout. But he needs to stay there and f*** off with the contracts. And I don't mind the Leduc signing at all, but it doesn't solve much of anything when it comes to linking the academy to the pro team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->