Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I take it with Save the Crew trending online right now and the tease of an announcement coming up, maybe someone bought Columbus and will keep the team there.

I know Mark Wahlberg was a rumoured interested buyer not long ago. I also read the owner of the Cleveland Browns may have purchased the team.

Right now, it's anyone's guess.

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
J’ai participé à une rencontre des plus importantes avec Joey Saputo aujourd’hui concernant l’avenir de la franchise ?.... what the hell is going on ?

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
J’ai participé à une rencontre des plus importantes avec Joey Saputo aujourd’hui concernant l’avenir de la franchise ?.... what the hell is going on ?

Screw it, Joey is folding the team.

It was nice knowing you.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Of course we are linked with the Ftench dude... like we already have Silva, Remi. 5 goals 10 assists.

I said a few months ago when Piatti was rumored to leave that it would be a great trade for Alessandrini. Looks like this will happen as his contract ends next year just like Nacho and he will turn 34 this winter.

If he can play at Cam it's a blessing

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

What did I tell u all? Hahahaha dude is rinsed and needs help.

At least he put his pride aside. A few years too late, but better late than never.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
vozt1hr.jpg

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I don't believe his numbers, but the MLS's financial structure IS warped and not sound. It's all based on speculative growth. Which is more like a huuuuuge bubble a la pre-2000 techno bubble

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Common Geoff, use some of those earnings with the Habs to propel our MLS franchise to the next level, TFC style.

After all it is the fastest growing league in all of sports, year after year.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
-L'Impact embauche présentement un group de 7 dépisteurs pour aider à trouver du talent .. probably the same scout as Bologna FC :laugh:

More agents from NDS's posse.

Kidding aside. It is actually good news if he doesn't take care of day-to-day operations and hires scouts.

I am skeptical about the size of the losses. The payroll is not even near 10M. Operations may cost another 10M. If they do not generate 20M a year, they are f***ing terrible.

Reactions: TRG

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Developing more Ballous to sell to the highest bidder would take care of the money problems in a hurry. This is the modern business model now, it's really pretty simple. Put more money into scouting, youth soccer programs and developing kids . Turn the Montreal metropolitan area upside down and find some kid prodigies.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Developing more Ballous to sell to the highest bidder would take care of the money problems in a hurry. This is the modern business model now, it's really pretty simple. Put more money into scouting, youth soccer programs and developing kids . Turn the Montreal metropolitan area upside down and find some kid prodigies.
I think he just figured out it's important to find good players to have a good team. One step at a time.
i7OY8TH.png

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad