Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

First international player of CPL, comes from the Swedish 2nd Division.

Milito is unproven and Sampaoli is not bad.
They gotta go for GBS. Younger and knows the league already, Or can he make a return to Columbus but as coach this time?

29cp1ti.jpg

GBS won the MVP and MLS Cup with the Crew back in 2008.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Most likely both to Vancouver because MDS.
I feel we'll get one of Reyna or Waston in return. Yordy Reyna is listed as a forward but he's a #10. Something we never had. Kendall Waston is 30 yo, entering his prime, is probably not to far away from having his residency and a huge upgrave over Camacho.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010

Most likely both to Vancouver because MDS.
I feel we'll get one of Reyna or Waston in return. Yordy Reyna is listed as a forward but he's a #10. Something we never had. Kendall Waston is 30 yo, entering his prime, is probably not to far away from having his residency and a huge upgrave over Camacho.

How about Felipe :sarcasm:

Waston would be a very good fit. With a possible trio of Waston-Fanni-Bush, we won’t be scored against often.

And once again, the ever elusive Kei Kamara would be perfect. One can only dream

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
How about Felipe :sarcasm:

Waston would be a very good fit. With a possible trio of Waston-Fanni-Bush, we won’t be scored against often.

And once again, the ever elusive Kei Kamara would be perfect. One can only dream

KK is a free agent, if both parties are interested, he'll be in MTL next year.
A duo of Fanni - Waston like you said will be unbreakable and on par with SKC's IMO. But Doneil Henry is a good depth choice too. However, Petrasso + Creapeau + $ for Waston is much more impactful (pun intended).

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Mod request: can the poll be changed? It’s about a game that happened two months ago.

How about Atlanta or Portland?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
KK is a free agent, if both parties are interested, he'll be in MTL next year.
A duo of Fanni - Waston like you said will be unbreakable and on par with SKC's IMO. But Doneil Henry is a good depth choice too. However, Petrasso + Creapeau + $ for Waston is much more impactful (pun intended).
There's not a goddamn chance that we're trading for Watson when we're committing about 2 mil for Fanni, Diallo and Camacho already.

My guess is international sports.

Reactions: HabsHater9000

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
There's not a goddamn chance that we're trading for Watson when we're committing about 2 mil for Fanni, Diallo and Camacho already.

My guess is international sports.

or Yordy Reyna. I hope they don't trade for Int spots. Cabrera, Vargas, Mancosu leaving means 3 new open slots.

Waston is already better than all our CBs. Him coming would mean one of them on their way out. Not very likely but it's not like there's someone indispensable to the club in this position.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I'd see Waston going to Atlanta if he stays in the league. I mean from a good fit standpoint. Waston gets to play for a contender and Atl gets a top D to replace an old cb (Lorentowicz 35, Parkhurst 34).

I'm guessing the LA teams are interested. Especially Galaxy, they have no one at cb.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
6 foot 26 year old, plays mainly LW, but has also played striker and RW

Was in Lyon’s academy and reserves from 2010-2013 before going to league2, belgium, australia and asia. A bit of a globe trotter but still young.

Had a season high 13 goals scored 2 years ago with Melbourne, and 12 last year in the UAE first league

Not expecting much tbh. Possibly an small upgrade over Mancosu, late sub for Piatti/Silva

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
That's the guy who trained with the team near the end of the season. Garde said his attitude problems were the reason he never succeeded with Lyon, but that he's matured since. Don't know the player, but Garde did say he was immensely skilled.

That said, why an intl. spot for a depth guy?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
That's the guy who trained with the team near the end of the season. Garde said his attitude problems were the reason he never succeeded with Lyon, but that he's matured since. Don't know the player, but Garde did say he was immensely skilled.

That said, why an intl. spot for a depth guy?

#JustGardeThings

Our wing depth is thin though, we only have Silva and Piatti if Choinière and Vargas are out

Reactions: QuebecPride

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
He looks really creative with the ball

Of course, these are highlights. But if he can put his shit together, we might have a replacement for Nacho. I don't think he'll ever replace the full production from Piatti, but at least we could have a proper LW when he leaves.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm not sure I'm in love with the idea of around 2M spent on 35+ year olds. Then Camacho at 700k.

Doesn't seem like balanced spending.

Reactions: ShaMu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad