Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
We have Crépeau under control who would cost a fraction of the price, who is local and who just put up an allstar season in Ottawa and YET, we overpay for Bush.

I love Bush, but that kind of move is exactly why we remain "meh". Bad cap management.

It is not a bad contract for the value Bush can provide, but it is short-sighted. We have other holes AND a much cheaper solution at GK.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Am I the only one who is more surprised at the lenght of his contract? 3 years?! Should've had yearly options.

Meanwhile in Philly

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Bush said he did not want to live "year to year" anymore. I am not surprised at the lenght.

Of course Bush wants to finesse the team. He knows he reached his peak so he wants to maximize his income. Good for him because me honestly I would have offer a one year deal at 250k with an option year. If its a very good deal for a player, it simply is a bad deal for the team. Sends a bad message to the other GKs. I hope they won't waste a spot for him at the Expansion draft because you will have to be crazy to take an okay GK on paper for 1 million.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Can we somehow contact Lino and explain the situation?

Balotelli would sell more cheese in a couple of years than Saputo the last 10 years.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
As good as ATL is offensively, they're playing in a way that makes you feel like it'll be impossible for NYRB to score a goal tonight.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Pacific FC = new vancouver cpl club

nice colors and pretty unique too. I hope Montreal ... or Laval gets a CPL club.

Balotelli is made for MLS, just like Giovinco, HBA or Giovani. Wonderkids who just flopped or I should say didnt live up to the hype for whatever mental reasons for the most part but are super talented. I really thought he was gonna join Orlando over a year ago but he ended up signing at Nice which was okay the first time. Now if Philly do sign Balotelli oh my will the Eastern conference be hella competitive next year.

I saw the replay of SKC - Portland. All I have to say is both Diegos; Chara and Valeri are just monumentally important members. Diego Chara has probably been the MVP so far in these playoffs. Just impeccable.

Final is Atlanta - Portland. Portland are such a sneaky team I can see them winning at MBA against an under-pressured Atl.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
catching up : why are we letting Fisher go?

Back to back stress fractures

Back in university, I was in a sports team and hung out with all the other athletes. One of the worst injuries is a stress fracture, mainly with track and field athletes. Most of them quit their career after long and failed rehabs.

So two of such injuries in a row are pretty much critical to an athlete’s career

Reactions: ShaMu and ArtPeur

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Back to back stress fractures

Back in university, I was in a sports team and hung out with all the other athletes. One of the worst injuries is a stress fracture, mainly with track and field athletes. Most of them quit their career after long and failed rehabs.

So two of such injuries in a row are pretty much critical to an athlete’s career

wouldn't it be worth giving him like a 1 year contract to at least test him out (assuming he would accept)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad