Impact Thread - Make Amarikwa Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
From what I understood it would take a special release or something from fifa and basically dont count on it as it probably wont happen.
I would definitely take him for next season...
Thing is I dont see him not playing from now where the seasons are starting in europe to march for us next season

That's why loaning him to Bologna for the Fall makes sense.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
so saying Taider isnt DP material is being a hater? Wut.
Kendall Waston is a DP and im sure nearly every Caps fan would say he is not worth the DP tag. Does it mean he sucks? Nope, but Kendall Waston isnt exactly your game changer. I can say the same for Taider. He is just like Bedoya who is also a DP. He is a good average player to have on your team, that will sometimes deliver good performances. He had a terrible start, a good midseason, now the last few key games should dictate what kind of player is he. One thing for sure is that he is no Dzemaili.

there are only 5 CMs worth being DPs in this league imo, Basti, Bradley, Ozzie, JDS and Victor Vazquez; I may be missing a few good ones. Vazquez isnt a DP. JDS is debatable and Ozzie is getting old.

If Marchisio comes we have no open slot. so we couldnt get a high profile number 9 or 10 if we dont do anything with Taiders status.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
so saying Taider isnt DP material is being a hater? Wut.
Kendall Waston is a DP and im sure nearly every Caps fan would say he is not worth the DP tag. Does it mean he sucks? Nope, but Kendall Waston isnt exactly your game changer. I can say the same for Taider. He is just like Bedoya who is also a DP. He is a good average player to have on your team, that will sometimes deliver good performances. He had a terrible start, a good midseason, now the last few key games should dictate what kind of player is he. One thing for sure is that he is no Dzemaili.

there are only 5 CMs worth being DPs in this league imo, Basti, Bradley, Ozzie, JDS and Victor Vazquez; I may be missing a few good ones. Vazquez isnt a DP. JDS is debatable and Ozzie is getting old.

If Marchisio comes we have no open slot. so we couldnt get a high profile number 9 or 10 if we dont do anything with Taiders status.

He's not as good as usual this season, but Bradley has deserved his DP tag since his arrival. He's still WAY overpaid, but that's another debate. I'm surprised you forgot him ;)

I feel you're harsh to deem him as an average player, he's certainly better than the average MLS player. He would be a starter on most if not all teams and would improve all of them.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

We can have 3 DPs and if we need an international spot, dropping Mancosu or Cabrera does that.

Frankly, a talented attacking midfielder is harder to find than a striker, and more important. Amerikwa would surely be good enough with this lineup:

Bush
Sagna-Fanni-Camacho-Lovitz or Raitala
Marchisio-Piette-Taider
Silva-Piatti
Amarikwa

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
We're bound to get more details on CPL rules soon as there's a coaches summit going on right now in Toronto:

Canadian Premier League Previewing the coaches summit

The meetings this week will be led by CPL vice president of soccer operations James Easton and Mike Findlay, who served as the interim head coach of Canada’s Men’s Soccer squad in 2016-17.
The CPL will call for at least six of the starting 11 to be Canadian, and half of the total roster. The salary cap has yet to be announced, but it’s been reported it could fall in the $40,000-60,000 per player, with a separate cap for the coaching staff.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

tumblr_ll0eqzEdvg1qbkxeio1_500.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

With Sagna there and Duvall as a sub in RB, they're better off loaning Petrasso (who has a rep in England playing for QPR) and IMFC can get some $$$ in return.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

With Sagna there and Duvall as a sub in RB, they're better off loaning Petrasso (who has a rep in England playing for QPR) and IMFC can get some $$$ in return.

I'll be glad to see him go if there's some money on the table for his services . He's been mediocre at best with us and he's completely redundant now with Sagna. Heck, I'll use Raitala on his weak side before I use Petrasso.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Petrasso was disappointing as f***, can’t believe he played for an EPL team

His only highlight was his blocked shot against Toronto at the home opener at the big O

I legit don’t remember him doing anything else

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
And keep Duvall!?
Not that I'm amazed by Petrasso, but at least he's like 3-4 years younger than Duvall, and no way he's a worst player.
Duvall is horrible, one of the worst wide backs in the league in my book. He should never play for us, he cant position himself or defend for the life of him, he's a huge liability when we have him on the backline. The guy does nothing well actually. He's supposed to be one of our most athletic players but he's so bad with managing his energy that he's always gassed out towards the 70th.

Man, I'll be pissed if Duvall stays over any of our other fullbacks.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Btw I've mentionned Pablo Aránguiz a few times on this board since he was rumored to be coming to mls last spring. He's a young Chilean #10 who was one of the best players in the first division over there last year. He finally landed with Dallas, and from last game, already looks like he's gona be a fine replacement for Mauro Díaz. I'd of seen him perfect here as the #10 people are calling for.

FC Dallas seeing flashes of former playmaker in newcomer Pablo Aranguiz

Last edited:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
So apparently La Liga teams are mad as f*** about the new schedule.

Their schedule is now spread from friday through monday and includes numerous 22h15 pm kick offs

Games finishing past midnight? The f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->