Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Atl-NYRB
SKC-Portland

Portland is the only surprise (albeit a very very close fought one).

I’m still keeping my NYRB-SKC prediction for the final.

Sucks that the first leg is only in two weeks because of the international break (like all years prior). This thread will most likely die and get unstickied.

I’d really like the MLS to tweak their schedule and ideally have the final during this very weekend instead of in one month from now. No team should have bye weeks during the season for starters (except for international duty)

Reactions: sabremike

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
L'opération séduction du Paris Saint-Germain en Amérique du Nord | ICI.Radio-Canada.ca

There's your new partners Joey!

Be smart and exploit this to the fullest potential.

Talking about PSG, I recently read about Neymar’s true full cost once you take into account transfer fees, salaries, compensations, commissions, sponsor disagreements (Neymar has some personal sponsors that are competitors to PSG sponsors), bonuses, etc and the number amounts to 538M euros

538M EUR is 600M USD. For comparison, the habs were valued at 1.2B USD last year. So you could buy 50% of the most storied hockey franchise in the world for the price of one Neymar.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsHater9000

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Had hopes for this guy, hopefully he can go the USL route and do what Masta Kacher is doing. He has the tools.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
At this rate, we won't have enough Canadian players for the Canadian Cup :laugh:

(our 3 players would be M.Choinière, Shome and Piette)

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
If Choinière could stay fit he'd be the best young player on the team, but i'm not surprised they let him go at this point.

Had hopes for this guy, hopefully he can go the USL route and do what Masta Kacher is doing. He has the tools.

I'd rather see him go the CPL route, he'd get be more valued, get a better shot and get a decent wage. In the USL american players will always have priority over canadian players and the league is horrible for player conditions. I wouldnt want any of our players to go there if there's another option.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
They'll add Bahiya, Kinumbe, Meilleur-Giguère so it should be fine.

Bahiya is the one I'm most expecting to see with IMFC next season. Garde seems to like him, brought him to the Voyageurs cup and said at the time that he would have added him to the roster if there werent limitations. He was also a standout with the Canadian U20 at the recent Concacaf U20 tournament and last summer at Toulon.

I'm less sure about the young defenders though, we're overloaded with internationals at the position.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Bahiya is the one I'm most expecting to see with IMFC next season. Garde seems to like him, brought him to the Voyageurs cup and said at the time that he would have added him to the roster if there werent limitations. He was also a standout with the Canadian U20 at the recent Concacaf U20 tournament and last summer at Toulon.

I'm less sure about the young defenders though, we're overloaded with internationals at the position.

It's exactly why we need those kids to develop, we have too many internationals on defense.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If Choinière could stay fit he'd be the best young player on the team, but i'm not surprised they let him go at this point.

I'd rather see him go the CPL route, he'd get be more valued, get a better shot and get a decent wage. In the USL american players will always have priority over canadian players and the league is horrible for player conditions. I wouldnt want any of our players to go there if there's another option.

?????????

Best players from USL arent even Americans. Certainly helped Crepeau, Bekker and Kaye. If he can find a Usl club that will guarantee him minutes better if he goes there than CPL.

CPL will be made of " out of retirement but never was a pro, stopped playing for 4 years because I didn't have an opportunity, Im crazy good but no ones seen me because I live in Red Deer, AB or was cut off my college team" kind of players for the first few seasons. It would be a terrible advice to tell Choiniere, a decent Canadian prospect to go to CPL if he wants to develop. He would score 40 goals in 10 games. Unlike other Academy losers from before, Choiniere is somewhat good.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Bunburry said he is trying to bring a team in Montreal. I would most def support it.

The cost is between 1-3 million for a CPL franchise.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Joey should sell the team to the Qatari. Instead of dirty cheese money, we would have dirty oil money.

Instead of sleeping with the fishes, we would have confiscated passports and deaths in stadium renovations.

I mean, hey, PSG 4 life (barf).
MLS already has the Bronx Blood Money/CFG so the Qataris would pose no issue for the league.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

Two players from Québec universities, André Bona (UQAM) by Halifax Wanderers and Aboubacar Sissoko (UdeM) by Forge FC. A team in the province probably wouldve added 1 or 2.

Neither Messoudi nor Lamothe, both former imfc academy and current national champions with Carabins, were drafted.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
WHERE'S MY CF AND MID?!

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->