Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Let's be honest here, we have absolutely no business being where we are in the standings after our horrendous start. If we make the playoffs then great, if not I really hope we can find a true striker during the winter mercato

Worst case (and we keep the status quo) we'll be in a much better position to start the next season

Reactions: Dominator13

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Let's be honest here, we have absolutely no business being where we are in the standings after our horrendous start. If we make the playoffs then great, if not I really hope we can find a true striker during the winter mercato

Worst case (and we keep the status quo) we'll be in a much better position to start the next season

The way I saw it when the team started to gel and make their way into the playoffs is that even if they end up on the out looking in, it should still be considered a successful year when looked at as a whole. The team is headed in the right direction and they definitely need to add to this nucleus. They're headed in the right direction.

Reactions: JayKing

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Yeah it's been a successful season in my book regardless if we make the playoffs or not.

To me the biggest success is Garde. We finally have a guy who understands what he's doing, and is pointing where things are lacking in the organization. He's made players perform above expectations (Bush, Lovitz, Piette, Raitala), and played a big role in players integration like Silva, Taider, Fanni.

For next season our biggest needs are well obvious, an offensive CM, and a striker. I would also like a better starter at CB than Camacho.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
If we're eliminated before the end of the season I'd really like to see Diallo starting next to Fanni at CB. He WAS supposed to be our guy before his injury

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

I wouldnt bet against SJ next year... I thought he was gonna coach Mexico or Argentina. Probably the best coach on paper in the whole league.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
To me the biggest success is Garde. We finally have a guy who understands what he's doing, and is pointing where things are lacking in the organization.

I think you give him too much credit. He has done an okay job, couldve been higher in the standings if it werent for his stubborness. If Biello was still HC, we wouldve been in the playoffs. Bush is on Bats. Lovitz was the best defender last year, Raitala always been a reliable player. The only player he helped in his progression is Krolicki. M.Choiniere looks like hes got some skills too and probably the academy player ill take seriously.

I would also like a better starter at CB than Camacho.
2yjocwl.png

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

I too am satisfied with the soccer aspect this season, thanks to Garde and co. We've forged an identity, a real structure, which was lacking in the previous years. The period of adaptation at the start will most likely end up costing us the playoffs, but it's worth it long term...as long as the 2nd floor does its job.

Reactions: Dominator13

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I think you give him too much credit. He has done an okay job, couldve been higher in the standings if it werent for his stubborness. If Biello was still HC, we wouldve been in the playoffs. Bush is on Bats. Lovitz was the best defender last year, Raitala always been a reliable player. The only player he helped in his progression is Krolicki. M.Choiniere looks like hes got some skills too and probably the academy player ill take seriously.

2yjocwl.png

Who's Fisher?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
LLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Thanks for the laugh.

Well thanks for replying because I knew someone would reply specifically to that part without thinking and now I can say why.

I was onharsh on Biello but he had no Silva, Fanni, Sagna. Bush was very average pre-Bats. Had a terrible CB to deal with. Managed to make AJH look MLS caliber for some time. Only relied on Piatti and Dze to score goals. What's funny is that I'm sure this team scored more last year than this year.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Huge potential? Come on now, he is a nice player, but he doesn't have "HUGE" potential. Average starter is probably his ceiling and... that's not a bad thing at all.

I know Im just overselling. Youre in sales, you should know that. :sarcasm: I do think he can be better than just an average starter, Id say NT depth.

No one is going to pick a guy who hasn't played in over a year++

Tell that to NYCFC. They did that when it was their turn, they picked some high prospect CB from Houston or Dallas. He hadnt played the year before their inaugural season due to injuries and I think to this day he hasnt made a single appearence. All I remember is that he was heading for Europe and NYC picked him. So yes its still possible, teams usually pick the best talent available.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Well thanks for replying because I knew someone would reply specifically to that part without thinking and now I can say why.

I was onharsh on Biello but he had no Silva, Fanni, Sagna. Bush was very average pre-Bats. Had a terrible CB to deal with. Managed to make AJH look MLS caliber for some time. Only relied on Piatti and Dze to score goals. What's funny is that I'm sure this team scored more last year than this year.

Biello would not have any of the french players. That's Garde's work.

You sound like Tony Marinara and the rest rest of the Italian diaspora from Montreal. Stop it. Garde is the best coach to have ever coached this organisation. I'm Italian and by God, I think there isn't a more ethnocentric community than the Italians. They just can't ever do no wrong.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Biello would not have any of the french players. That's Garde's work.

You sound like Tony Marinara and the rest rest of the Italian diaspora from Montreal. Stop it. Garde is the best coach to have ever coached this organisation. I'm Italian and by God, I think there isn't a more ethnocentric community than the Italians. They just can't ever do no wrong.

We all know that Biello wouldn't have any ofthem. That's why I'm saying, if he had them, we would be in a much higher position and I am not doubting a single second bc he at least knew how to rotate, rest players. At times, it feels like the players are in concentration camp from playing so much.

This team could've had a couple of more points that would secure them a spot if they knew how to rotate.

Jesus that's like an insult what you said at the end :laugh: I ain't no f***** Tony Maniaro :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad