Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
So who between Fanni, Camacho, Diallo, Raitala and Sagna won't, or shouldn't, be with the team in 2019?

I doubt we'll see changes on the back end. Vargas and Mancosu are surely gone, but that seems like the only obvious 2.

Diallo, Fanni and Camacho are all CBs. I'd let one of them guy for sure. Raitala is versatile, he'd be tough to cut. Sagna is big name, they won't cut him.

So, yeah, we might be stuck with 4 INT players on D. That's way too much. Ideally, we would have 2 max.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
It seems that you need to receive the citizenship to be considered a Canadian player by the league, it takes what, 5 years of residency? Roughly the amount of time Nacho has been with IMFC. I know that some countries won't let you have two citizenships, so many that's the case with Argentina. It might also be that he doesn't care about the citizenship whatsoever.
You can have the residency and be considered a Canadian player and to have it you need to stay in the country, I think. Piatti always goes back to Argentina in winters.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Diallo, Fanni and Camacho are all CBs. I'd let one of them guy for sure. Raitala is versatile, he'd be tough to cut. Sagna is big name, they won't cut him.

So, yeah, we might be stuck with 4 INT players on D. That's way too much. Ideally, we would have 2 max.

Raitala is a lock. No matter where he plays it's like we never lose when he's playing. I understand why Finland is doing so well.

Like I said back in August, Diallo got to go. Unfortunately, he never got to play a game for us but so many went ahead of him in the depth chart (even Cabrera), 32 yo, coming off from a major injury, International player. Camacho is 5 years younger with MLS experience. I don't see why would Diallo stay next year. Our defense just needs some tweaks and that's a backup for Sagna mainly.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I love Amarikwa's movement a lot. He is always making himself available, he fights for every ball and he combines well with midfielders. However, he is awful in the box, just awful. The goal he missed on that great counter-attack yesterday, damn! I am okay with him as the starter as long as he keeps creating space for the other attacking players, but if we want to use him as a starter, he'd be much better in a second attacker in a 2 forward system. If not, it would be optimal relegating him to the bench.

That's the thing he never played as a lone striker before, at SJ he was alongside Wondo and at Chicago with Magee. He is your classic secondary striker and I think he's doing a very good job here (one bad miss especially when you won that game won't make me change sides) while adapting to a new role at 30. Without him, this team wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot on decision day.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Next
Come and start the day that will see the Reds knock the L'impact out of the post-season with pints, grub and cheer.

Nothing would cause Torontonians more pain than to have the Impact fans say that they are better than Toronto for the next year.

Montreal need those 3 points make play team b please we are all canadians

Montreal is more exciting and that’s a massive drop

Free points! Come get your free points here!

Funny, at the time that I posted this, I meant for the remainder of the season forgetting that our game this weekend was actually against the Impact.

I was hoping at least we can play spoiler to knock out Impact. Nope!! What a season

Losing to Montreal, with their team compared to ours in both payroll and on paper is a embarrassment ..I will not wear my TFC gear till next year...at the least..underacheiving overpaid, spoiled athletes.. most gotta go and Vanney for sure

We lose every week. We lose evvvvvvvery weeeeeeek. You're nothing special. We lose every week.

TFC what stupid golly wow shame on you Toronto

Before this, I never liked Zavaleta. But now, I hate this guy so f***ing much. A 10 year old would be a better CB than him.

Still waiting for the opener.

I was going to watch this game but then I decided not to because all we do is lose and YouTube highlights are better then wasting 90 minutes of my life watching that

They can’t beat their shadows and you expect them to beat the best team in the league?

I want a season ticket refund. we all deserve a refund for the year!!

they should get the red light behind the goals. Bono will have to wear sun block to avoid getting a burn on his neck!!! Lmao!!!

Champs to Chumps. Heroes to Zeroes. They should give up their spot in CCL. They can’t beat Montreal and they’re going to stand a chance against good teams???

AND ....instead of eliminating them we gave them an extra 2 lives .....what an end to a garbage season

Reactions: HabsHater9000

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Tata Martino wont be back in ATL next season. Huge news.

Brb they get Marcelo Bielsa.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
TFC will bring a bigger player than Giovinco. Will be interesting to see. And I think the one more likely to leave is Altidore. They surely don't waste time when it comes to replacing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad