Impact Thread - Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Crew has Minnesta United next week.

It has to be an IMFC win and a Columbus loss. Should they draw, they go through and IMFC is eliminated.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Cheering for Minnesota next week :laugh:

We still have to win though :(

Its New England, every coach in the league figured out Friedel fast. I heard theyve got something like 2 wins since June :laugh: We will win next week.

I will keep an eye on Minnesota, they are very unpredictable. DQ will show up next week.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
MLS app just changed it back to 48. They had them at 49 just a few minutes ago. They probably added it before the OCSC game finished and now fixed it after the real final result.

So as @Michelangelo said, a Crew draw would work also.

You should use FlashScore or LiveScore apps. They both have precise realtime table updates.

I use both apps. LiveScore is quicker, but FlashScore is more complete albeit a bit slower (they even have LHJMQ and canada college soccer lol)

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
MLS app just changed it back to 48. They had them at 49 just a few minutes ago. They probably added it before the OCSC game finished and now fixed it after the real final result.

So as @Michelangelo said, a Crew draw would work also.

Yeah they had live standings earlier but they were probably slow to update

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I was finally able to watch the game.

Piette, Azira, Silva and Sagna were absolute monsters today.

-What a treat it is to watch Silva be so creative from the right side. He already has 11 assists, but he still deserves about 9 more.

-Piette and Azira were both awesome in ball recuperation. I want Azira to stick as a super-sub next season. Piette closed down so many passing lanes it was ridiculous.

-I like Amarikwa, he works hard, but goddamn, he needs to finish at some point. He's another good sub option, but we need a big n.9 that doesn't miss clear chances.

-Defense was solid. I like Raitala a little bit more in the middle because he's so bad with his right foot that when he's stuck, he HAS to pass it backwards. Sagna's a beast, even at his age man, he should be in Europe.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I was at the game today. First day was boring. Second half much better. 19k for a game in cold weather on a Sunday, nice atmosphere.

Hadn't seen the 132 that full in a while. Usually my friend and I show up as the first whistle and easily find a spot, but yesterday we had to squeeze in. Rivalries are really healthy for a sports club. Koodos to the kop, was a lot of fun. We showed up to the 127 Tailgate for the first time as well, I was surprised by the amount of people there :thumbu:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I was finally able to watch the game.

Piette, Azira, Silva and Sagna were absolute monsters today.

-What a treat it is to watch Silva be so creative from the right side. He already has 11 assists, but he still deserves about 9 more.

-Piette and Azira were both awesome in ball recuperation. I want Azira to stick as a super-sub next season. Piette closed down so many passing lanes it was ridiculous.

-I like Amarikwa, he works hard, but goddamn, he needs to finish at some point. He's another good sub option, but we need a big n.9 that doesn't miss clear chances.

-Defense was solid. I like Raitala a little bit more in the middle because he's so bad with his right foot that when he's stuck, he HAS to pass it backwards. Sagna's a beast, even at his age man, he should be in Europe.

I love Amarikwa's movement a lot. He is always making himself available, he fights for every ball and he combines well with midfielders. However, he is awful in the box, just awful. The goal he missed on that great counter-attack yesterday, damn! I am okay with him as the starter as long as he keeps creating space for the other attacking players, but if we want to use him as a starter, he'd be much better in a second attacker in a 2 forward system. If not, it would be optimal relegating him to the bench.

A 9 wouldn't be my priority though. Making sure we do not have to use 4-5 INT spots on defense would be. We need a steady domestic player as CB. I would be fine with 2 INT spots spent on D, not 4. I'd fix that first, then try to get a true 10 and then a 9. Depending on the system Garde wants to play, a true 10 might not be a big need. I like the Azira, Taider, Piette midfield trio. I think we could play Taider a little deeper (as a real 8) and replace Azira with a 10. Azira and Piette can alternate as the 6. Piette would be my starter, but giving him breathers is important IMO, he looked gassed at times this year.

But, hey, let's wait 1 week before we think about that, we still might make the playoffs ;)

Reactions: JunglePete

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Happy fans: Cool promo by the team. :thumbu:

Cynical fans: They're trying to make up for the neck-breaking price hikes.

Me: Why couldn't I be a season ticker holder this year :( (oh yeah I was in Scotland for a Masters)

It is a nice promo and a good idea.

They should do it once a year and ADVERTISE it when they sell season-tickets. Could help them generate a few more sales. Show that you REALLY care about fans. Stupid surveys on food and drinks do not fidelize the sports crowd.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I love Amarikwa's movement a lot. He is always making himself available, he fights for every ball and he combines well with midfielders. However, he is awful in the box, just awful. The goal he missed on that great counter-attack yesterday, damn! I am okay with him as the starter as long as he keeps creating space for the other attacking players, but if we want to use him as a starter, he'd be much better in a second attacker in a 2 forward system. If not, it would be optimal relegating him to the bench.

A 9 wouldn't be my priority though. Making sure we do not have to use 4-5 INT spots on defense would be. We need a steady domestic player as CB. I would be fine with 2 INT spots spent on D, not 4. I'd fix that first, then try to get a true 10 and then a 9. Depending on the system Garde wants to play, a true 10 might not be a big need. I like the Azira, Taider, Piette midfield trio. I think we could play Taider a little deeper (as a real 8) and replace Azira with a 10. Azira and Piette can alternate as the 6. Piette would be my starter, but giving him breathers is important IMO, he looked gassed at times this year.

But, hey, let's wait 1 week before we think about that, we still might make the playoffs ;)

Amarikwa is the perfect stop-gap/plaster on the wound. It will last for a short while, but we need a long term solution and I think it will be fixed in the Winter window.

Braz does need to find another Lovitz for the right side to shoulder Sagna. Will Piatti someday have his damn local status instead of international?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It is a nice promo and a good idea.

They should do it once a year and ADVERTISE it when they sell season-tickets. Could help them generate a few more sales. Show that you REALLY care about fans. Stupid surveys on food and drinks do not fidelize the sports crowd.
The Revs actually do a free bus trip to Red Bull Arena for their supporters groups. Advice from a Metro fan: Anyone going down there be careful because the Kraftstapo security are a bunch of total pricks. The police are just as bad: I still remember one of those subhuman mouth breathers macing one of our guys who was in a f***ing wheelchair. That was the most disgusting and vile thing I have ever witnessed in person.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

So who between Fanni, Camacho, Diallo, Raitala and Sagna won't, or shouldn't, be with the team in 2019?

I doubt we'll see changes on the back end. Vargas and Mancosu are surely gone, but that seems like the only obvious 2.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Amarikwa is the perfect stop-gap/plaster on the wound. It will last for a short while, but we need a long term solution and I think it will be fixed in the Winter window.

Braz does need to find another Lovitz for the right side to shoulder Sagna. Will Piatti someday have his damn local status instead of international?

It wasn't fixed last year or the year before that. How can you say it will be fixed now?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
It wasn't fixed last year or the year before that. How can you say it will be fixed now?

It seems that you need to receive the citizenship to be considered a Canadian player by the league, it takes what, 5 years of residency? Roughly the amount of time Nacho has been with IMFC. I know that some countries won't let you have two citizenships, so maybe that's the case with Argentina. It might also be that he doesn't care about the citizenship whatsoever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad