Impact of the Wayne Gretzky Trade

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
There's a line between a gong shot ala slapshot and the no hitting league we have today.

No hitting league? :huh:

I also don't have problems franchises in us cities where they actually play hockey/watch/care about hockey aside from just bandwagon support when their team happens to be doing well.

DO you have a list of which teams are considered "deserving" NHL teams, and which are "bandwagon" cities?

You'll never see me complain about the Flyers, Sabres, Minnesota(who also stupidly lost their team in the 90's) ect.

You may be interested to know that Nashville (non-traditional market) drew higher TV ratings than Philadelphia (traditional market) all season. Fort Myers also outdrew Philadelphia all season in terms of NHL TV ratings.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Also because IMO the NHL is vastly over expanded, there should be only 20 or max 24 teams in the league. During the 90's expansion caused weaker teams to start trapping due to a lack of talent in the league. Same thing happened in the 70's with the rise of the goon in the NHL and especially the WHA.
I have to say, I agree 100% with all of this...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad