HF Habs: Immaculate Grid/Puckdoku

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
A fun daily time-waster from our friends at Sports Reference:

A fun daily time-waster from our friends at…Puckdoku:

One element is they score you on the relative obscurity of your player choices. The Rarity Score, as defined by them: "Rarity score is calculated as the sum of the percentages for each cell you get correct plus 100 for each empty cell. A lower score means your answers are more rare. This score will change throughout the day as more games are completed."

Apologies in advance if this is not threadworthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
It's P fun. There is no difference between the two though. Are they different people? Seems like one could sue the other.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
It's P fun. There is no difference between the two though. Are they different people? Seems like one could sue the other.
The mechanics are the same. The principle is the same. As far as I know, these are not "copyrightable", but I'm absolutely no lawyer. The visual, aesthetics, presentation elements from each game are different. I assume the backend code is different too.

I'm saying this because IIRC this subject came up when Wordle got big and eventually got acquired by NYT; i.e. NYT wouldn't be able to sue anyone making a Wordle clone and just paid for the "name", basically. There's also a bunch of games out there that are just ripoffs or evolutions in terms of gameplay from others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad