Apr 4, 2010
MLS schedule for the after tournament is live

However nothing for canadian teams so far

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
It's dumb.

Agreed, and dangerous. That country just doesn't seem to care about getting out of the pandemic and are running around business as usual. This puts us Canadians at risk if our pro sports teams are going to be playing in these leagues and our players, and theirs travel between cities.

I feel that we as Canadians sacrificed a lot. Come December when the NHL, NBA, maybe also the Jays start playing at home... Is it worth it? I really don't think so.

Loosely following MLB, and so many games are postponed. Given that they can play 2 games in a day... They aren't in trouble. NFL also can work since they play so little games. But NHL and NBA would be a mess for rescheduling if games are postponed due to Covid-19. MLS may as well be in the same boat given they will be playing a condensed schedule.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Had a feeling that Sarri was going to be fired. After not winning the super copa and then the copa... not the Juve way to end a season with one trophy. Failing the final 2 games and being bounced by Lyon in CL, even if the penalty was totally a bogus call, you have to do better in these important tournaments.

Pirlo being announced... yikes. Reminds me of Henry at Monaco... I hope he does great, but he has no experience. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea after I believe Agnelli saying that he has to work his way up to the big club... He did it in 8 days. I would have hired Poch, Allegra and even Conte if that got that desperate. Next season starts in about a month, here we go!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MLS is still a garage league no matter how much they like to pretend they're not.

The Impact deserves MLS just as much as the MLS deserves teams like the Impact.

Pz3qLBW.gif

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Vidéoconférence: Gilmore (20/08/08)
Gilmore explique la situation du retour à l'action dans les marchés de la MLS.
«Entre maintenant et notre premier match, on va étudier le dossier. On a déjà fait des analyses pour voir quelle serait notre capacité, en respectant les consignes sanitaires en place.»
«On a fait une demande à la santé publique afin d'avoir plus 250 fans et on attend la réponse. Si on ne peut pas aller au delà de 250 fans, on essayera d’être équitable avec tous.»
«Le concept d'une bulle pour la poursuite du championnat MLS est à écarter.
«Le mandat que j’ai donné à mon staff, c’est de rendre une visite au stade Saputo l’une des activités de divertissement les plus sécuritaires en ville. C’est ça, notre but.»
«Nos sondages montrent clairement que les partisans ont hâte de revenir et, surtout, qu’ils sont confiants que l’aspect sécuritaire sera en place. Le processus de vente des billets serait juste pour tout le monde.»
«L’idée est d’essayer de jouer nos matchs dans la même période de temps que les clubs américains.»
«Le but c'est de jouer à Montréal.»

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So Toronto will play in New Jersey as their home sharing the stadium with the Red Bulls and Nycfc for the remainder of the season.

Vancouver will announce in a few days that their temporary new venue will be in Portland, Oregon.

No updates about IMFC yet.

Had a feeling that Sarri was going to be fired. After not winning the super copa and then the copa... not the Juve way to end a season with one trophy. Failing the final 2 games and being bounced by Lyon in CL, even if the penalty was totally a bogus call, you have to do better in these important tournaments.

Pirlo being announced... yikes. Reminds me of Henry at Monaco... I hope he does great, but he has no experience. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea after I believe Agnelli saying that he has to work his way up to the big club... He did it in 8 days. I would have hired Poch, Allegra and even Conte if that got that desperate. Next season starts in about a month, here we go!

No exactly the same at least Juve can win the Scudetto with no coach and they have an established structure just no bench.

Monaco was a whole mess when Henry inherit this team with basically 1 or 2 good players. His inexperience made him much more vulnerable

He is lucky as he won't need to really coach every single game just the big ones.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
MLS releases 2020 return to season schedule

MLS Commissioner: MLS working in "real time" on 2020 schedule for three Canadian clubs
Garber: “There's no plan whatsoever to exclude the Canadian teams from continuing to play in 2020. We're working in real-time to first get approval for our Canadian clubs to begin training. And that's something we hope can happen soon. Then it's a follow-up process to get approval on overall return to play in Canada, which would be the three clubs playing against each other. Hopefully we’ll be able to receive that approval and satisfy questions and the Canadian authorities concerns have, then we could receive approval for what the future of that might be in phase two. That’s work that hasn't been completed. The first phase is to have them return to train and the second phase is approval for them to play against each other north of the border in Canada.”
MLS Commissioner Don Garber remains confident in season restart: “We've a good plan”

MLS’ 25th Season Continues in Local Markets in August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad