IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
We got no real depth sadly, especially in terms of midfielders. Sucks that LBG, etc all are just not good enough apparantly

Crepeau should be our guy in two years max

Might be time to use Oduro.
LVK4nbr.png

Reactions: ArtPeur

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The second goal by Portland, initially I blamed Bush, but after thinking about, it was a clear foul on him. Bush was in no position to go hard at Valeri who prevented him from getting to the ball. I get it's not an easy call for the ref, but huge L to VAR. Garde has a case.
Nah f*** it, he was way too non-chalant. Still could've gone our way, but Bush was too weak on that.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
That was a weird one by Bush. He's been one of the best keepers in the league this year, but he did not command his space at all last night! Hope he can just brush it off.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The second goal by Portland, initially I blamed Bush, but after thinking about, it was a clear foul on him. Bush was in no position to go hard at Valeri who prevented him from getting to the ball. I get it's not an easy call for the ref, but huge L to VAR. Garde has a case.

You still need to blame Bush because of the silly rebound he gave

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
A star is born in Alejandro Silva.

He's become the absolute perfect complimentary player to Piatti's shoot first mentality. He was incredible in his effort and his pass to Taïder on the 1st goal.

In 6 weeks he went from flop to steal by Braz.

To be fair, we had seen flashes of what he could do. I was pretty confident he could make it.. but he lacked confidence. He just came to a new country, new city, new team/teammates, new language, etc. He was probably a bit nervous about his play and wanted to impress the coaches at the same time. Now that he found his groove, I feel like he already exceeded my expectations. I wasn't expecting him to be this "dominant". He could probably have over 10 passes more in the last few games

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
You still need to blame Bush because of the silly rebound he gave
The rebound doesn't bother me, it's a point blank shot from Blanco who absolutely ate Raitala alive. What bothers me is the non-chalance on getting his hands on the rebound, it's as if he didn't realize Valeri was right there to challenge him. In the post game interview he said Valeri pulled him down so that's why he couldn't jump. It looked bad.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
If we had a real striker, Silva could be top 5 in passes right now. We've got two of the best "wingers" in MLS.

He's tied at 12 right now, at this rate, he could probably end up top3-5 at the end.. especially if Briand converts his crosses/passes

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Bush was plain bad. We're lucky we didn't lose because of him

Mancosu's goal feels like an aberration. If he somehow gets going then great, otherwise we just need to survive for a few more weeks (heck we have with close to 0 contribution from our strikers)

Where the hell is Briand btw?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Bush was plain bad. We're lucky we didn't lose because of him

Mancosu's goal feels like an aberration. If he somehow gets going then great, otherwise we just need to survive for a few more weeks (heck we have with close to 0 contribution from our strikers)

Where the hell is Briand btw?

I believe his agent said on Twitter that he's traveling back to Montréal Monday.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Wow.. I consider Badji and underrated player, but I feel Colorado got the upper hand by far in that one. If FC Dallas do end up with Pablo Aranguiz like rumoured though, they'd have an interresting young attacking set up.

As for Silva, I said it many times, he just needed some time and stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad