OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
TyCSports in Argentina is also reporting a 6 month loan of Nehuen Paz to IMFC. They say he was to stay in Argentina on a 6 month loan but is now headed here instead.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He's handsome as f***. Left footed, we have "Dit allô and Peace" as CBs. What a time to be alive.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With the DM and LB positions both potentially better as well, defense could actually be a strong suit this year after the absolute tire fire it was last year. What a time to be alive indeed.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Biello wherever he is must be crying rifht now. He forced the 3-5-2 formation when we didn't have the personnel to do so, and now even before the next season starts we're set for that specific formation.

--------------Piatti--------AJH
Edwards-Vargas-Piette-Taider-Duval
-----Paz-------Diallo-----Cabrera

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Biello wherever he is must be crying rifht now. He forced the 3-5-2 formation when we didn't have the personnel to do so, and now even before the next season starts we're set for that specific formation.

--------------Piatti--------AJH
Edwards-Vargas-Piette-Taider-Duval
-----Paz-------Diallo-----Cabrera

I'm hesitant dropping Vargas that far back, If anything, he should be where Piatti is in that formation.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Who's Myriam anyway

The only player that comes from Montenegro (or at least their national team) and makes sense is Stevan Jovetic but he was transfered to Monaco for 11M last summer so there's no way it's him.

And she's no one.

Unless it's Donadel leaving and some DM/CM coming back but I can't see that happening neither

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Only players from Montenegro I know are Vucinic and Jovetic. Both are far better than Mancosu but I hope they go for Jovetic who doesn't play much with Monaco even if it's on a one-year loan. Vucinic was pacey as hell back in the days and a gem for Roma but I don't know if he is still playing soccer.

And who is she really? trying to get attention?

TyCSports in Argentina is also reporting a 6 month loan of Nehuen Paz to IMFC. They say he was to stay in Argentina on a 6 month loan but is now headed here instead.
They listened to me again :sarcasm:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I didn't like Jeremy Filosa's comments on 98,5fm this afternoon. I found his tone very negative. Essentially, he said that all this hard training is worth nothing if there's a lack of talent (like right now, according to him). That talent is very thin at D. He even complained about Wandrille's departure (could have been a good, cheap replacement).

Does not seem to have a lot of confidence on the actual lineup.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I didn't like Jeremy Filosa's comments on 98,5fm this afternoon. I found his tone very negative. Essentially, he said that all this hard training is worth nothing if there's a lack of talent (like right now, according to him). That talent is very thin at D. He even complained about Wandrille's departure (could have been a good, cheap replacement).

Does not seem to have a lot of confidence on the actual lineup.

That's typical Filosa. Always trying to bring the spirit down by pointing out tiny negative details. Most of the time he's right. We could win a game 10-1 and he'll complain about the goal we allowed and how poor the defenders looked.

I agree that we don't have a MLS Cup contender team yet but one or two major addition(s) and we're set. I'm thinking of a CAM and a number 9.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Did I read correctly somewhere on Twitter that Altidore is going to Club America?

He's too good to be in MLS in his prime and should go in my opinion. But can Club America really match his TFC salary? what about Transfer fee?

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
He's too good to be in MLS in his prime and should go in my opinion. But can Club America really match his TFC salary? what about Transfer fee?

I dont know the details of their current salary structure, but Club America is one of the richest clubs in the world. If they really wanted, they could match almost anyones salary.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The allure of a new challenge in a different league could be enough. He's won it all in the MLS now and he's still young enough to where he's got some good soccer left in him.

Reactions: JunglePete

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
With all the defensive depth we are getting, I feel we are really going to be running a wingback type of formation.

Edwards, Petrasso, Lovitz, Duvall and even Raitala could play those roles.

1658698_Montreal_Impact.jpg

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I dont know the details of their current salary structure, but Club America is one of the richest clubs in the world. If they really wanted, they could match almost anyones salary.
I am saying are they willing to pay 5 mil for this guy. I know they have the money. With his current salary he would be second most paid behind Gignac in Liga MX
https://i.redd.it/2vjcufze1oc01.png

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Mind you, we would only have TMG as backup CB if we play that formation (Raitala could fit in probably). I would probably stick to 4-3-3. I am expecting to see Garde trying different squads though

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With all the defensive depth we are getting, I feel we are really going to be running a wingback type of formation.

Edwards, Petrasso, Lovitz, Duvall and even Raitala could play those roles.

1658698_Montreal_Impact.jpg

I'm in favor of a formation that puts as many of our best players on the field as possible , which the wingback would do right now. If we can add a more attacking mid before the season starts then we could always switch Cabrera out for now and go with a more ''classic'' 4-3-3. We'll see!

Reactions: Ghetto Sangria

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I'm in favor of a formation that puts as many of our best players on the field as possible , which the wingback would do right now. If we can add a more attacking mid before the season starts then we could always switch Cabrera out for now and go with a more ''classic'' 4-3-3. We'll see!

Yah, I agree. I just see our midfield and strikers as our weakest position in terms of depth right now. This formation only uses 2 midfielders and 1 striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad