OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DUkURdPX4AAq1-7.jpg

Overhead shot of Saputo Stadium during the winter.

Reactions: dinodebino

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Wow wow wow. Paz and Diallo is a legit fortress in front of the goalkeeper. Those 2 will be a FORCE I'm sure of it. I hope that report is legit. We'll be able to find a Paz replacement easily next summer when all the seasons are over.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Totally non IMFC related but Mix Diskerud (yes the former NYCFC Cm that was average) has joined Man City in the weirdest transfer of all time. I think I need a few hours for my brain to process this news. Just what the hell

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
4.5 years

Wat

Edit:

Diskerud, a member of the New York City squad since they entered Major League Soccer in 2015, is now surplus to requirements with the American franchise.
Press Association Sport understands Manchester City have offered to take over his registration and allow him to use facilities at the City Football Academy to train while he looks for a new club. This is a way of thanking him for his service to the City Football Group and he will not be working with Pep Guardiola’s first-team squad.
Diskerud had a loan spell at Gothenburg last year.

giphy.webp

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
why sign him for 4 years then?
Something is off

As for Paz I really hope it's just a few months loan (till like July-August) right before Serie A to cover for Fisher and so he doesn't lose motivation to play here=not give his best. We have more than enough CBs already and that's another International spot and considering how we're lacking upfront it's probably a waste.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Loan for Paz makes sense -- Bring him for 6 months, then let him have a full pre-season with Bologna. By the time he leaves, Fisher should be back. Good for both parties.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
2 things bug me about the Paz news

1. What is his motivation level going to be (sure he's a pro, but look at Ballou)?

2. What is it going to do for chemistry on the back line when he ends up leaving?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
2 things bug me about the Paz news

1. What is his motivation level going to be (sure he's a pro, but look at Ballou)?

2. What is it going to do for chemistry on the back line when he ends up leaving?
That's why I hope he's used as backup behind Diallo and Cabrera (if they play well enough) like Boldor would if he were still here. Paz potentially leaving mid-season could ruin the chemistry at the back line if he played a vast majority of games. I really hope it isn't a season-long loan, that could ruin his spell here and a waste of an international spot.

I don't get why they just didn't go for Bobby Boswell or Brad Evans. Reliable backups way past their primes, MLS veterans, cheap. There are way too many newcomers in this squad and that's never good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad