OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I don't think last season, at least after the first quarter, represented the true potential for Ballou. At first he was a breath of fresh air whenever he would get minutes and would electrify the attack, but then he started complaining about his Europe dream being blocked by the Impact and he never was the same. He also got injured later on which didn't help his minutes, although he probably wasn't injured for the whole period where we didn't see him play. Pretty sure the team made were replying to his complaints by not dressing him in the 18.

The real potential of Ballou was on display for the first 8ish games last season and the previous couple of years, including his impressive performance in a a couple dozen minutes against Roma. He was also great with FC Montréal as a 16/17 year old.

I really agree with everything you said. He blew my mind against Roma and he always impresses with his skill level. He has that wow factor. I still beleive he has really poor judgement, which some interpret as selfisheness, youth... but is it? Time will tell.
He's in the best of places to better that side of his game now.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
We will most likely get a DP in the summer. It's been our style for many seasons! Plus, there would be much more options following the world cup. We shouldn't just spend the money now for the sake of it. Perhaps one more player to solidify the team...hopefully we play solid until the summer, and then, we could make 3 big additions.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
The one thing with Martinez is that he's super small for that position in the MLS. This can be a really physical, not all that technical league. Could he adjust to that effectively ? A lot of south american players have a hard time with it.

Martinez is a beast, you gotta see this kid. He'll make it anywhere.
Dont worry for his strength, he's plenty strong already and will only get tougher.
I'd be worried about that more with Barco.

But yeah, like QuebecPride said, it's not like we have Arthur Blank Check as owner or el Tata as coach. And we'd have to enter a bidding war with Dortmund, Real, Atletico, Inter, and the list keeps getting longer every day, lol.

Come on Joey.. You know how much cheese the resell of Martinez would be worth? Think about it.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
We will most likely get a DP in the summer. It's been our style for many seasons! Plus, there would be much more options following the world cup. We shouldn't just spend the money now for the sake of it. Perhaps one more player to solidify the team...hopefully we play solid until the summer, and then, we could make 3 big additions.

We need that 3rd DP right now. The team is training hard to be fit for all season long and that third guy can be helpful for this team. I would target "Vazquez"-type players on the summer market. I'm pretty sure we won't be targeting any World Cup players unless they're Africans (Oyongo-like) or South Americans (Vargas-like)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DUgwcpDU8AAOYkO.jpg:large

Cabrera goes from #36 to #2.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
It looks like Rodrigo Aguerri will sign in Portugal.

God Dammit, it seems that every year we lose the sweepstakes to the young coveted striker. 1 year it was that kid from Iceland I can't remember, 1 year it was an Argentine striker (Lorenzo?), and now Arregui.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad