Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Da3YVMOX4AANJgr.jpg:large

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I thought defensively the team looked fragile almost the whole game. Every ball seemed dangerous, and the defensive coverage was so bad. The play where wright-phillips gets the ball in behind the D, has time to chase the ball, turn and cut the ball back to an unmarked player made my eyes bleed. There are so many tactical mistakes in that one play, even if it was a great ball to begin with.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like it’s between Chicago, Columbus and DC

But you never know

Never heard about Columbus and DC. Since the start, the rumor had Chicago and Montreal as the two most aggressive and that IMFC had the better offer on the table.

Where did you read/hear about Columbus and DC?

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Never heard about Columbus and DC. Since the start, the rumor had Chicago and Montreal as the two most aggressive and that IMFC had the better offer on the table.

Where did you read/hear about Columbus and DC?

Reddit (r/mls) and instagram mostly

Reddit is extremely fast with news and the account named mls_news_ on instagram has been very precise on movement since I started following

Reactions: Adam Michaels

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Taylor is arguably the most reliable guy in North America as a source and for rumors. I can't believe he still hasn't been traded. He is someone who rarely misses games and never gets seriously injured. I hope we're still after him because we need offensive options asap.

But if we don't get him, apparently ....

No matter what happens, it feels good for once to be active in the market. This winter alone we were linked with at least 20 players. (Pulgar, Marchisio, Moulin, Remy, Nguyen to name a few)

Last edited:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
We are one of the teams interested in Torres MLS: MLS clubs target Fernando Torres signing - MARCA in English

I'd rather play that Academy guy Balboa or something this summer than sign Torres... He lost his touch 8 years ago.

Signing Torres would be a desperation move.

I agree with both of you. He has shown an inability to cope with physical play and doesn't have the work rate to sustain the up and down play of the MLS imho. On top of that... he lost his mojo a long time ago.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Torres was once the fastest player in the world. That was his best trait. Thankfully for him, he has above average technical skills. Like @THE HOFF said, he won't be able to keep up with the physicality of this league. He would be better off going to a Liga MX team where it's more technical and slow. Or El Nino should be the backup to El Guaje in NY. But notwith IMFC, we're trying to get rid of our poor forwards.

Dsquared

Apr 15, 2015
Fun fact of the day:

Is Salah plays 15 more seasons just like the amazing one he’s playing, he wouldn’t surpass Ronaldo in terms of goals scored

Lol

Well, that's not true, Ronaldo has 570 Regular team goals, plus 81 Nation Goals, Salah is already at 117 goals for his team, 15 season of 40 goals and adding 6 goals for National Team, that will bring him at 700+ team goals and 123 goals for Egypt, which would give him over 150 goals advantage on CR7 at the moment.

Liverpool over ManU rejects :P

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Saturday for the Saputo Stadium home opener, IMFC will wear jerseys made of 100% recycled material:

View attachment 114427

Da8BPOwWAAA-eSV.jpg

Da8BPgoW0AEA3a3.jpg

I know it's for a good cause but perfect timing to call Saputo cheap again lol.

Fun fact of the day:

Is Salah plays 15 more seasons just like the amazing one he’s playing, he wouldn’t surpass Ronaldo in terms of goals scored

Lol

I can't wait to see next season if the Salah hype train is still alive. He could be having a regular season like he did at Roma just like he could be in beast mode again. Personally, I think the former will happen. I think Suarez's effect was much bigger than Salah, considering in 2013 Liverpool was literally a one-man team but I rank Salah as 2nd most impactful Liverpool in the last 10 years right after Suarez.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Man, that Jeisson Vargas free kick deserves more love. He might score a few like that this season. We saw him almost score another nice one in the top left corner against Seattle if it werent for an excellent save by Frei.

We had lost the capacity to hurt teams off free kicks since the departure of Drogba.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah, the way Vargas is taking free kicks makes him a threat and adds an extra dimension to our offense. Now if only they could build something out of the back, and eventually get a 6'2 striker who can hold the ball on the counter and score all kinds of goals.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
What I referring to the other day

anyone remember that ?

Had it been a red (rightfully so) we would probably win the CL. That's why I could never root for a Mx team over a MLS team. Hope Toronto seriously damage Chivas tonight.

And Marc Dos Santos brought more Canadians to LAFC. Props to him. I didn't think Jakovic could be a regular starter in MLS anymore but I've been proved wrong. And I knew Kaye was alot better than USL. Having his breakthrough year already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->