imagine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
imagine the NHL had some sort of policy that forced NHL clubs to release all eligible players to their respective Junior programs... (of course I realize that this would never happen)

Canada might just be fielding it's best Junior team ever. Already they are considered favorites to 3-peat, but if Crosby, J.Staal, Vlasic, Brule and Latendresse were all on the squad as well... Unbelievable!

what other regular NHLer's are still eligible to play for their respective countries?

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
kessel/kopitar are the only ones i can think of...

but slovenia isn't exactly a powerhouse squad

BTW anyone know who the last team canada player was that was sent back from the NHL? (lockout year not included)

i think it was brent burns but i'm not positive. goes to show it doesn't happen too often.

Last edited:

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
If Crosby was on the WJC team, he would probably rack up 6,7 points per game...on a bad night...all shorthanded...

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I always thought it would have been a neat idea to have Crosby as their 13th forward on the team, and if Canada makes the finals, have him play just that one game.

Thing is, the gold medal game is on a Penguins gameday.

Coffee and 7's*

I always thought it would have been a neat idea to have Crosby as their 13th forward on the team, and if Canada makes the finals, have him play just that one game.

Thing is, the gold medal game is on a Penguins gameday.

That would be so lame.

henri2014

Jul 30, 2005
During the lock out i think the team was the amazing with all the 2003 forst rounders ! You cant get a much better team then that.
How many player from that team played in the NHl the year after 9 months later? Some of them played the year b4 the lock out in the nhl.
Carter
Crosby
Bergeron
Fleury
Perry
Seabrook
Getzlaf

Ri hards

Jun 21, 2004
goes to show it doesn't happen too often.

You'll see it even less with the lowering age for Free Agency. Players that are up in the NHL around WJC time are going to be up to the NHL for the year, and thus will be on their first year of eligibility. These players aren't just going to be 13th Forward/7th Defensmen types, they're going to be players that are impact players, or players that are valuable enough to the club to use a year up a year of their restricted service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->