Dec 21, 2008
  • Datsyuk and Zetterberg played an injury free season
  • Howard plays as well as his best year so far
  • Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Jurco all improve and put up more points
  • Weiss comes back and scores 50 points
  • Quincey plays as well as his second half last year
  • Smith learns how NOT to cough up the puck so much

Would the Wings win the Cup?

They would at least have a great chance of going far into the playoffs. Thing is there's a couple of things I don't see happening, especially the Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan putting up more points. I think they will be better all around players, but the points might do down, a product of the sophomore jinx.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
They would at least have a great chance of going far into the playoffs. Thing is there's a couple of things I don't see happening, especially the Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan putting up more points. I think they will be better all around players, but the points might do down, a product of the sophomore jinx.

Maybe their PPG would go down a bit but I think all of them will put up more overall points simply due to the fact that they will be playing full seasons instead of 73, 57, and 42 games respectively.

I see Nyquist's PPG going down a bit or staying the same. Tatar I think will produce more. He created a lot of chances last season that he was not able to bury, and I think he'll learn from that. I think Sheahan will maintain a similar pace. Keep in mind that these guys are a lot older than normal sophomores so I think that'll make a difference with the whole sophomore slump thing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

All 3 of them having sophomore slump's? Very unlikely.

One of them, sure, that's almost to be expected.

In terms of "putting up more points" keep in mind none of them player a full season I Detroit last year, and they will this year.

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
All 3 of them having sophomore slump? Very unlikely.

One of them, sure, that's almost to be expected a

In terms of "putting up more points" keep in mind none of them player a full season I Detroit last year, and they will this year.

I do agree that in all, they might have more points than last year, but their PPG might go down.

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
  • Datsyuk and Zetterberg played an injury free season
  • Howard plays as well as his best year so far
  • Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Jurco all improve and put up more points
  • Weiss comes back and scores 50 points
  • Quincey plays as well as his second half last year
  • Smith learns how NOT to cough up the puck so much

Would the Wings win the Cup?

I think you need to add an 'Alfreddson re-signs' bullet to that list. I felt going into last year that the team was a cup contender if healthy. Datsyuk, Z and Alfie being one year older now is a negative, but the kids all having more experience I think is even more of a positive. Overall, if we re-sign Alfie, I think this is a better team than last year. Not to mention if Holland manages to pull off a trade during the season to bring a right handed D over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad