I'm wondering how many people on here hate Roman Reigns and why

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It's amazing that people can actually think that he's a bad wrestler despite being good. Just because you have a bad boss, don't mean you're bad at doing your job.

What's he good at?

Also, its an opinion. His in ring psychology stinks, his moveset stinks, his mic work stinks, his selling stinks. And no, not ALL of that is because of Vince. I'd put him as a new style Lex Luger.

If you think he's good in the ring, more power to you you're entitled to that opinion. I gave an entire list of wrestlers previously I'd rather watch in the ring a few days ago.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
What's he good at?

Also, its an opinion. His in ring psychology stinks, his moveset stinks, his mic work stinks, his selling stinks. And no, not ALL of that is because of Vince. I'd put him as a new style Lex Luger.

If you think he's good in the ring, more power to you you're entitled to that opinion. I gave an entire list of wrestlers previously I'd rather watch in the ring a few days ago.
You can be good and unliked. You can also be bad an liked.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Current Cena isn't as good as Roman, but that's to be expected.

Peak Cena was very, very underappreciated.
I think current Cena is just as good as current Roman. Roman has a way to go before I consider him good in the ring. I agree that Cena was very underappreciated by many (myself included) in his in-ring prime.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What's he good at?

His selling doesn't stink, its the one thing he is really good at. He's not over the top, and sells a beat down like few do. The only drawback in his selling is selling targeted body parts - he's good at selling his body and arms, but if they work his legs he throws that out the window to hit all of his running spots later in the match. Really, taking out Roman's legs should make him basically useless as most of his big moves require him to run and gain momentum, so he kind of ignores the leg injuries he should have when it comes time to fire off his moves of doom.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think current Cena is just as good as current Roman. Roman has a way to go before I consider him good in the ring. I agree that Cena was very underappreciated by many (myself included) in his in-ring prime.
A lot of recent Cena matches just turn into finisher spams. Roman has a lot of signature moves and strikes, but they haven't turned into finisher spams because they're protecting his move. Current Cena's slowed down. Like I said, it's to be expected. He's almost 40, had a crazy workload and injuries. There's nothing wrong with that.

Roman won't be able to touch prime Cena, though.

Roman is also a really good seller. It's not ridiculous selling. He's really good at that.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
His selling doesn't stink, its the one thing he is really good at. He's not over the top, and sells a beat down like few do. The only drawback in his selling is selling targeted body parts - he's good at selling his body and arms, but if they work his legs he throws that out the window to hit all of his running spots later in the match. Really, taking out Roman's legs should make him basically useless as most of his big moves require him to run and gain momentum, so he kind of ignores the leg injuries he should have when it comes time to fire off his moves of doom.

Yeah but as Paris In Flames pointing out, we just watched a match last night where we saw his shoulder get worked for 15 minutes straight and then uses the same shoulder to do a one handed lift with ease. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah but as Paris In Flames pointing out, we just watched a match last night where we saw his shoulder get worked for 15 minutes straight and then uses the same shoulder to do a one handed lift with ease. :laugh:
I mean... it's a deadlift. It's not like he curled him up like it was a bicep curl.

Unless Cesaro was killing Roman's back and legs, there's no reason Roman wouldn't be able to execute a deadlift like that even if the arm/shoulder was being worked on.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
A lot of recent Cena matches just turn into finisher spams. Roman has a lot of signature moves and strikes, but they haven't turned into finisher spams because they're protecting his move. Current Cena's slowed down. Like I said, it's to be expected. He's almost 40, had a crazy workload and injuries. There's nothing wrong with that.

Roman won't be able to touch prime Cena, though.

Roman is also a really good seller. It's not ridiculous selling. He's really good at that.

A lot of main event matches in general turn into finisher spams nowadays, that's not a Cena exclusive thing. He's slowed down, but is still better at putting a match together than Roman Reigns.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I mean... it's a deadlift. It's not like he curled him up like it was a bicep curl.

Unless Cesaro was killing Roman's back and legs, there's no reason Roman wouldn't be able to execute a deadlift like that even if the arm/shoulder was being worked on.

Okay. He also used that shoulder to Superman punch (which would hurt to cock back) and then he used the same shoulder as a literal battering ram.

Also Cena is better at literally everything than Roman.

....to do with wrestling.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
A lot of main event matches in general turn into finisher spams nowadays, that's not a Cena exclusive thing. He's slowed down, but is still better at putting a match together than Roman Reigns.
yeah but I mean there's a difference between a John Cena finisher spam fest and the others. :laugh: Like Cena will bust out an AA 5 minutes into a 15-20 minute match and then it just cascades. I still enjoy his matches but he's just not the same worker.

He is better at getting that crowd response for his matches for sure, though, but Cena is just a master crowd worker and can do anything.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

That's getting pretty in depth there. You're saying there is absolutely no strain on a shoulder when lifting someone off the mat with the same arm?

Anyway it sounds like my opinion is wrong on Reigns. Enjoy him overcoming the odds against Brock at Wrestlemania in yet another flop of a Roman Reigns WM Main Event. :D

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Okay. He also used that shoulder to Superman punch (which would hurt to cock back) and then he used the same shoulder as a literal battering ram.

Also Cena is better at literally everything than Roman.

....to do with wrestling.
see using it as a battering ram is stupid :laugh: the deadlift one can be defended imo, the others can't. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's getting pretty in depth there. You're saying there is absolutely no strain on a shoulder when lifting someone off the mat with the same arm?

Anyway it sounds like my opinion is wrong on Reigns. Enjoy him overcoming the odds against Brock at Wrestlemania. :D
there would be, but most of the lift comes from the legs anyways. There'd be some strain, though. It's different from using his shoulder as a battering ram.

I probably won't be watching around that time anyways thankfully lol

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
there would be, but most of the lift comes from the legs anyways. There'd be some strain, though. It's different from using his shoulder as a battering ram.

I probably won't be watching around that time anyways thankfully lol

I will do what I always do, order a pizza, watch Wrestlemania, and hate myself for getting duped for the billionth time. I should just use the network and watch some Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair main events or something.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
All I can hope for at Mania at this point is for AJ to get Nakamura.

I don't have high hopes for the other great ring workers in the company to have anything significant or a chance to have an actual great match. I'll still throw some wings in the Actifry and try to have fun but eh.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You can be good and unliked. You can also be bad an liked.

True but Roman is in a weird spot. The man has built the endurance to go in long matches. Quality-wise though he is just terrible. I agree his selling is his best attribute but even that isn't great when he is worked on a certain spot and then shows no problems with said certain spot. Yeah, you can blame that on booking to some extent but he shares some of that blame too. He can execute moves well and has endurance but beyond that I'm not convinced that Reigns is a good wrestler. But he's a much better wrestler than he is a character at this stage. The character aspect is more Vince than him though so I don't want to rag on the guy for that. He's being asked to do something he's just not good at right now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I will do what I always do, order a pizza, watch Wrestlemania, and hate myself for getting duped for the billionth time. I should just use the network and watch some Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair main events or something.
I've learned my lesson every year since Wrestlemania 30. Literally the only thing that will get me to watch live is if Daniel Bryan is returning.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Basically yes. He has all of Cena's weaknesses but without his strengths (charisma and mic work). His selling isn't as goofy is the only edge I would give him, but it isn't good. I would be very hard pressed to pick between Reigns and the British Bulldog.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't either like nor hate him. I generally think he is fairly boring personality wise, but more often than not I enjoy his matches. I find that he is not nearly as bad as one side claims and not nearly as good as the other side claims.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad