I'm sorry Shero

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
(I know he will never see this)

I overreacted to the trades, even if it was a steep price, you are still god! I'm back on the bandwagon, and will wait for the "big picture" to show itself instead of opening my mouth (typing) making myself look stupid.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I doubted you after Morrow for Morrow. This serves to remind me that no one is perfect. Except Ray Shero.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
He got rather lucky in the Iginla situation. Shero didn't make the best offer but Iginla wanted to be here. We'd be singing a different tune if Iggy chose Boston but it worked out and he's here.

I suppose all this is the randomness of trades though. I think the value for Murray was spot on. The value for Brenden Morrow was an overpayment. The value for Iginla was an underpayment. Such a mixed bag but that's how it goes.

In the end, I am sorry too Shero.

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012
shero, please forgive me. im sorry for hating on the morrow trade. small sample size but it looks like you were right and i was wrong.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
He got rather lucky in the Iginla situation. Shero didn't make the best offer but Iginla wanted to be here. We'd be singing a different tune if Iggy chose Boston but it worked out and he's here.

I suppose all this is the randomness of trades though. I think the value for Murray was spot on. The value for Brenden Morrow was an overpayment. The value for Iginla was an underpayment. Such a mixed bag but that's how it goes.

You had me at he is god.:sarcasm:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
You had me at he is god.:sarcasm:

:laugh: I know. It's hard not to love him. In all his years here he's only made one move that I don't like and that's the Morrow for Morrow trade. Millbury probably made a move that pissed off Isles fans every 15 minutes or so. Shero's been here 7 years and only one move I didn't like. That's pretty damn good.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that was a Sid sell job. He'll never get any credit but a call or text from the best player in the world must do wonders.

Also boo freaking hoo to the B's. Remember the stories going around when Boyes was traded a years ago... different names and faces but touche mother****ers!!! (I'm sure I'm the only idiot that cares about that garbage.)

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm writing an old fashioned, hand written letter as we speak. Not really, but I mean you get my drift.

Still having Dumoulin, Maata, Despres, Harrington, Pouliot in the system AFTER all this, is simply genius.

Best GM in hockey. I'm sorry for ever doubting you.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'm writing an old fashioned, hand written letter as we speak. Not really, but I mean you get my drift.

Still having Dumoulin, Maata, Despres, Harrington, Pouliot in the system AFTER all this, is simply genius.

Best GM in hockey. I'm sorry for ever doubting you.

Yes but what about the draft picks? :sarcasm:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If you questioned a move or two, i think you have to wait until the year is over before you judge his work.

Although I think the biggest onus will lie with the coach, giving up Morrow, a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th for no cup would be bad.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Yes but what about the draft picks? :sarcasm:

Look, I stand by my original sentiment, that trading away assets for depth was a waste of those assets, because then he'd REALLY have to give someone important away for an impact player...

...but the impact player was acquired for players named "fu**" and "all", which rendered the assets lost in the Morrow/Murray trades moot.

It was helped by Iggy being a dick to the Bruins, but it is what it is, and ended up being a genius stroke.

Marcus Halberstram*

Nevermind the moves he made, but the fact that he did it a week before trade deadline has him avoiding the final day cluster****, thus giving the new additions more to get used to the new systems and new teammates.

Terrific work by Shero.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I apologize from the bottom of my heart too, I seriously questioned his alcoholism at the time of the Morrow deal, but I can see it is a great ****ing deal, and Shero after acquiring Iggy, you are officially a god

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Look, I stand by my original sentiment, that trading away assets for depth was a waste of those assets, because then he'd REALLY have to give someone important away for an impact player...

...but the impact player was acquired for players named "fu**" and "all", which rendered the assets lost in the Morrow/Murray trades moot.

It was helped by Iggy being a dick to the Bruins, but it is what it is, and ended up being a genius stroke.
Yeah, I said before I would have preferred to pay Joe Morrow in an Iginla deal and Hanowski + Agostino in a Brenden Morrow deal, but looking at the deadline as a whole, I would have gladly traded all of the pieces we moved (Agostino, Hanowski, a 1st, two 2nd's and Joe Morrow) for a crease clearing D-Man like Murray, Brenden Morrow and Jarome Iginla.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

I'm a Shero fanboy. I would drink... Well anyhow, I defend him no matter what. I ****ing hate the Morrow deal. It happens. I'll just talk myself into being okay with it because 1) Brenden looks good 2) ill pretend we gave up Joe and a 1st for Iggy and the college kids for brenden

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Shero i am sorry for doubting you. But even if we dont win the cup imo shero is not to blame. He has made our team as good as it possibly can be and there is so much that he can do, beyond that its on the personnel and bylsma, if we get out early bylsma for sure is gone.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
Last July, when I was hard up for cash, I went through all the pockets of your winter coats and found/took $12.61. I'm sorry, Shero.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Yeah but imagine if he had signed Semin, kept strait and tangradi. And he should have got something for boychuck whom he got for nothing, and was subsequently waived, but it was terrible asset management for Shero to lose him for naught.

Was very difficult to read here for a while, glad faith has been restored. It is Joe's will.

Ray Shero*

I forgive you all.

All I ask back from you is your undying loyalty from here on out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad