I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
I guess we can indulge in this delusion until the season starts. No doubt pain and reality will not be far away. Probably along with the usual dose of "Leaf style" humiliation. Hi David Ayres.

Hey it's Debbie Downer everyone!

Mar 14, 2011
And if things go wrong, we can always make multiple 40 page threads blaming Freddy despite him posting decent to really good numbers.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
tenor.gif

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Being I leaf fan for over 55 years now, I'm excited for this season to start and see the team with the new additions in action. Been like that every year. Go leafs go.

I've been a Leaf fan since 1960,
about 60 years. I've been frustrated, in several comas,(due to game 7 series loses to Boston) and all the other possible unimaginable upsetting emotions that there is, Ive also been ridiculed for being a Leaf and have broken many TV's since 1967!! Thats what an addiction to the Leafs does, it makes you come back wanting more. Excited?
You guys are very lovable ❤ but completely hopeless.

I've only been a Leafs fan for 40 years, and you're making me feel wet behind the ears

Best of luck and keep the lamps burning!

Reactions: Coachcorner

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Funny How your "Arf Arf Arf" comment is quite a bit more original then your "1st rd" one..
Well it's true we need to win a round first. I don't see even as joke it's embarassing. As for original comment well still like to see them get to 2nd round someday.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
What a thread y'all! Congratulations of the big season and excitement y'all! :clap: :celebration: :win: :we: :rule: :point:
This SEASON IS going to bring back so many memories and create new ones while at it. Waiting to see some real hard twerkin games where people are being hit and some suckas will be fighting like warriors and souljas.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
I guess we can indulge in this delusion until the season starts. No doubt pain and reality will not be far away. Probably along with the usual dose of "Leaf style" humiliation. Hi David Ayres.

Pretty much.. I'm not raising high expectations this season but at least they have a decent team on paper... I just know they usually get off to a good start then struggle when things get tough

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I"m excited.....not sure how excited with the way 2020 has gone. It really is hard not having much sports on TV at this time of year. I like the balance of the team more, goal scoring won't be a problem again this year. Hopefully Freddie has a bounce back year, and the new acquisitions can push them to the next level (or beyond). I go into every season with cautious optimism. I am 47 and lived through the end of the Ballard years (80s), and many ups, more downs.

I just hope they don't keep regressing to the point of being disbanded.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I'm looking forward to seeing Campbell getting more starts. Push Freddie
I think we have more depth, more experience, and more guys who won't take shit
Dubas pretty much called out the team for laying back and having the play dictated to them, and he asked for others to step up in the physicality dept.

Reactions: Cams and DarkKnight

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
40 year fan here.
I'm hoping they can at least make the playoffs
I will then re-evaluate my hopes beyond that

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto is by far the very best Canadian team now. The Leafs have the most depth, and I am expecting a superb season.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010

tenor.gif

Reactions: qqaz

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Really be happy to get past the second round, get our core some real playoff experience. Before the big push for Stanley and free agency for the young guns.

I'm hoping we get past the 1st round.

I hope we do better than just winning the first round of the playoffs. We are well into the rebuild (late phase) now, and we spend to the max. So its time for some good results - certainly more than just one round imho.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Excited for:
platooning between Campbell and Anderen
Jumbo Joe's playmaking
Bogosian and Simmonds' toughness
TJ Brodie
Matthews continues to score goals
Improvement from Marner and Tavares

Not excited for:
Soft stickchecking / perimeter play by our big 4
Wondering if age is a factor with Jumbo Joe and Simmonds
Questions with our bottom 6
Putting Kerfoot in bigger roles than he can handle: top 6, 3rd line C, etc.

Reactions: Eric bungay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad