I'm scared...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Ok, first Stevie Y, and now Blake. I use to feel so confident that we would do so well. But now, I'm feeling a little iffy. We can't afford to keep replacing key players because I'm already starting to get concerned about how Canada will do at the World Cup.

Is anybody else concerned about Team Canada right now?

nWoCHRISnWo

Nov 18, 2003
Edmonton, Alberta
Visit site
Not really, we still have the best team as far as talent is concerned. Blake is a huge blow, but our defense is still the best, and with all due respect to Yzerman, I wouldn't think he'd be a key player for the World Cup team. Before news of his injury most people thought he wouldn't get very much ice time anyways, and we have a lot of leadership as is. Canada should be fine.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
yeah, blake is a much larger blow than yzerman i believe, but i'm not particularily worried. the states lost roenick, russia has lost a number of guys by the sounds of it, finland lost kapanen...canada's not the only country

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What worries me is that Canada will lose some prelim games and muck up the quarter-final seedings. I was told when getting my tix that the Q4's at the ACC would be Canada with the US playing in Minny the night before.

My question is: What happens if Canada plays the US in the Q4's? does the higher seed get the home game?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
USA and Canada are in the same pool, and in international play, you play a team from the other pool in the 1st round of single elimination, so they would have to meet in the semi finals or finals.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
go kim johnsson said:
USA and Canada are in the same pool, and in international play, you play a team from the other pool in the 1st round of single elimination, so they would have to meet in the semi finals or finals.

not in this World Cup though....the European Group plays their Q4's in Europe and the N.A. group plays here.

http://wch2004.com/schedules/index.html

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ACC1224 said:
not in this World Cup though....the European Group plays their Q4's in Europe and the N.A. group plays here.

http://wch2004.com/schedules/index.html

Oh oops, I forgot this isn't an IIHF event.

The fact ESPN can't show every game in this World Cup speaks volumes about how serious they're taking this. I want to see Sweden vs. Finland and Russia vs. Canada, they're 2 of the top 3 or 4 marquee matchups.

palsoft

Apr 11, 2004
Bratislava
www.hockey-live.sk
DaaaaB's said:
How many guys from Russia have said they're not playing?

So far these names:
ZHAMNOV Alexei (F)
MARKOV Daniil (D)
CHABIBULIN Nikolai (G)

Somebody knows who will keep the 3rd golie place, if there isn't Chabibulin?

Last edited:

Vic Rattlehead*

palsoft said:
So far these names:
ZHAMNOV Alexei (F)
MARKOV Daniil (D)
CHABIBULIN Nikolai (G)

Somebody knows who will keep the 3rd golie place, if there isn't Chabibulin?
It's Khabibulin. Not Chabibulin.

Ocelot

Mar 4, 2004
Ontario, Canada
www.gamevine.net
Canadian_man said:
Ok, first Stevie Y, and now Blake. I use to feel so confident that we would do so well. But now, I'm feeling a little iffy. We can't afford to keep replacing key players because I'm already starting to get concerned about how Canada will do at the World Cup.

Is anybody else concerned about Team Canada right now?

Na not really. Canada has alot of talent. I think we will be alright.

RavenX

Jul 3, 2004
Cape Breton
Canada should have two teams. Wouldn't mind seeing an all Canadian final :D

Worst case...put all the finesse players on one team, and all the grinders on the other ;)

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Nothing to be worried about I think. I'm more concerned with Blake than Yzerman. Lecavalier will do very well for us and I had him ahead of Yzerman on this team in the first place. Hannan wouldnt have been my first pick but with him Regehr and Foote you've got some solid stay at home guys.

Look at forward. I mean hard to believe that I cant even fit a guy like Patrick Marleau into my projected line up. We should do fine.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I guess that depends on what you mean be "worried". Am I worried that they will embarrass themselves? No. Am I worried that they won't win the tournament? Of course. Canada is the favorite and has a great team on paper but this is a very short tournament that any team (except Germany) could win. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the great hockey.

Phanuthier*

Worried? Not overly

I would rather have Lecavlier there then Yzerman

As for the defense, everything shifts perfectly into place to replace a small cut. Jovo takes Blake's spot, Regehr takes Jovo's spot and Hannan covers Regehr's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->