I'm not a lawyer but should we buy or sell on Varlamov?

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Charges of kidnapping and third-degree assault sounds serious. But he's an athlete and we know how they get it soft comparing to the common folk.

Will he go to jail? if so for how long?

#FreeVarly

DannoManno*

I'd really just like to hear from fellows varly owners... Should I drop, or hold on..? I'm leaning towards holding onto him, even if I forfeit this weeks goalie stats.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I'm holding on to him until some sort of resolution.

In our points league he has been a top goaltender, and i'd rather not risk him getting picked up.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
I'd hold onto him for a few days if possible. He has a hearing at 10 AM today. If you desperately need a goalie for the minimum, I'd drop one of your bad players (maybe a D man that has like 1 G 1 A on the season) to pick up a goalie to meet the minimum.

DannoManno*

Had Selanne to put on IR so I picked up Halak. Will wait a few days to see if I'll need to drop varly or not.

Fropitar

Jul 4, 2009
So.Cal
Had Selanne to put on IR so I picked up Halak. Will wait a few days to see if I'll need to drop varly or not.

Your league still had halak available?!? Damn!

Playing my second fantasy season to date but having 16 teams is rough. Goalies are thin.

I ended up with Rask and Elliot (who gets almost no starts) :/

RockemSockemProberts

Stevie's home!
Jul 5, 2012
Oradea, Rom/GR, MI
I'm in an eight team league, and the person who had Varlamov dropped him immediately in favor of Giguere. I already have Niemi, Halak, and Lundquist, but I'm thinking about picking Varlamov up off of waivers. I got Halak as a free agent to try to salvage my goalie stats after Lundquist's first four games, and while he's been alright, he's the one I'd have to drop to keep Varlamov. Lundquist, unfortunately, can't be cut and Niemi has been my number one starter all season. I'd even thought about running with four goalies for a few days just in case Varlamov a huge steal. Decisions, decisions...

DannoManno*

Your league still had halak available?!? Damn!

Playing my second fantasy season to date but having 16 teams is rough. Goalies are thin.

I ended up with Rask and Elliot (who gets almost no starts) :/

Only an 8 team league. I dropped Tim Thomas for Carey Price in week one... :laugh:

And another guy dropped Rinne instead of putting him on IR :laugh: (got picked up of course)

I'm THIS close from dropping Halak... But need to hear some assurance about varly before I drop Halak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad