(I'm much too drunk for 3 in the afternoon)

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Saturn's North Pole Has Changed Color, But Why?

Spectacular photos captured by NASA's Cassini spacecraft reveal a curious color change over Saturn's north pole. The occurrence may be linked to seasonal changes and the planet's enormous hexagonal jet stream.

The images were captured by Cassini's wide-angle camera between 2012 and 2016. Photos from 2012 show a bluish halo over Saturn's north pole, while those taken in 2016 show the same area with a more golden hue.

Saturn's north pole has a unique, six-sided jet stream known as "the hexagon," which is approximately 20,000 miles (32,000 kilometers) wide. Winds of this hexagonal vortex whip through the planet's atmosphere at approximately 200 mph (322 km/h). [Cassini Snaps New Views of Saturn's Hexagon (Video)]

Preliminary hypotheses suggest the color change observ

Saturn Symbol Meanings and
Symbolic Details about Saturn

The Saturn symbol is composed of two design elements. The top cross, which is symbolic of the culmination of matter as well as the function of a intense focus. The second component of the Saturn icon is a crescent an element which it signifies receptivity.

This lower "crescent" portion of the Saturn symbol is also reminiscent of a scythe or sickle. These are of particular interest because the symbolism of the planet Saturn (and the agricultural Roman god Saturn) often addresses themes of death. Note that in the archetype of death, this personification carries the sickle to acknowledge the opportune moment of harvesting current life.

This theme of harvesting joins with the Saturn symbol meaning of recycling old to new. Underlying mythological themes further reveal the god Saturn dethroned his father, Uranus. This dethroning symbolizes the changing of an old regime (death) to a new one (rebirth), and this ties in with Saturn's symbolism.

You go where the wind blows
Destroying everyone on your path
I'm done feeding your ego
Forgetting everything that we had

Funny how history ends in an instant
How something so close can end up so distant

Dancing on the line
Of the great divide
Wash my hands, turn my back
I don't need the memories we had
I'm leaving you behind
Across the great divide

Good luck when you wake up
And realize all that you've lost
Shining lies are what you made of
I hope it worths the price that it costs

Funny how history ends in an instant
How something so close can end up so distant

Dancing on the line
Of the great divide
I'm leaving you behind
Across the great divide

I let you go, so let me go
Let us go
I let you, I let you
I let you go, oh

Dancing on the line
Of the great divide
I'm leaving you behind
Across the great divide
The great divide
Hey, yeah

Red-team/Blue team, Black-lives-matter/All-lives-matter, Feminism/MGTOW, Globalism/Nationalism, SJW's/Freedomfighters. Look anywhere in your life and you'll find a very real example the great(est) divide.

Really makes me think. Get ready.

(I'm much too drunk for 3 in the afternoon)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
14611028_1329508987059491_1828371237500655778_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad