I'm Gonna Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse (CBA & Lockout Discussion) - Part VIII ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
He missed 30 games last year w/ concussion problems. Perhaps he's suffering from post-concussion syndrome.

I'm not sure but Montador may still be on the IR...he might be getting paid during the lockout. Maybe someone wants to do the research on that one.
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hock...ador-might-reap-benefits-from-concussion.html

Montador has more time to recover from his concussion and might be one of the few injured players who gets paid according to his contract during the lockout. An injured player hurt during a game or practice is paid his full salary until he is fully recovered and cleared by team staff. Montador said he has yet to be cleared.

‘‘To the best of my knowledge, I think that’s the case,’’ said Montador, who has a $2.3 million salary for this season. ‘‘Hopefully it doesn’t come to that because I don’t want to be in that position. . . . I don’t want to beinjured. I don’t want to not be able to get physical out there and be ready."

Crows*

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Tentative plan is for both sides to speak by phone Wednesday - NHLPA seeking clarification on number of points - and then to meet Thursday

Fordy

May 28, 2008
The players are nothing more than entitled sheep. They lack the critical thinking to make their own decisions or see the world like the average member of society.

They can hum and haw about this deal all they want, but it is the best offer they are going to see (outside of some tweaks to periphery issues). Bettman has sat on this offer since June, and in a rational world it would work. It's the conclusion both sides (and 2 other pro leagues) likely have expected.

The players, lead by Fehr, do not strike me as rational, however. We'll see.

The players are nothing but sheep, but here you are saying exactly what the NHL PR department was hoping you would.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The players are nothing more than entitled sheep. They lack the critical thinking to make their own decisions or see the world like the average member of society.

They can hum and haw about this deal all they want, but it is the best offer they are going to see (outside of some tweaks to periphery issues). Bettman has sat on this offer since June, and in a rational world it would work. It's the conclusion both sides (and 2 other pro leagues) likely have expected.

The players, lead by Fehr, do not strike me as rational, however. We'll see.

The players are nothing but sheep, but here you are saying exactly what the NHL PR department was hoping you would.

And there you are, Fordy, saying and doing exactly what the NHLPA is praying you and others will do.

Crows*

@andystrickland: #NHLPA will give owners counter proposal on Thursday...will meet tomorrow to fine tune proposal

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
NHL offer today at 50-50...Biggest issue is to honour existing contracts...players will get full value of contract in deferred dollars.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
@andystrickland: #NHLPA will give owners counter proposal on Thursday...will meet tomorrow to fine tune proposal

I wonder if this is a new proposal or if it's the proposal that Fehr supposedly had ready and the players voted not to offer.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
NHL offer today at 50-50...Biggest issue is to honour existing contracts...players will get full value of contract in deferred dollars.
So the question becomes, what exactly do the owners mean when they say 'deferred'? Still, a big hurdle overcome now that the owners agree to honour the contracts they signed.

Pretty big sign that a deal will likely get finalized for a November 2nd start.

MISC*

It's time to start calling it an NHLPA HOLDOUT rather than a NHL Lockout.

The NHL has given the players a fair new proposal.

The players now will decide whether or not to continue with there NHLPA Holdout.

Owners are flexible, proposing new CBA's and keeping out of the media.

Players, want more money, nicer accommodations and are holding out for as much as possible.

NHLPA HOLDOUT.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding is that the players share of the HRR is their salary and the size of the salary cap?

Players share is 57% of HRR. I think that's the least complicated way to understand it.

For example, if HRR was 3B, players are entitled to 1.71B. That 1.71B MUST be spent on the player salaries. So if the players contracts total 1.5B, the owners would have to pay out 200M to the players. In this case, the players receive their full salary + additional monies. If the player contracts total 1.8B, the players have to give back 100M to the owners which would mean that the players are paid less than their full salary.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Ok champ, calm down. At this point, neither side is villafied. The NHLPA will provide a full counter proposal on Thursday which will be their first. It could be argued that in all reality, this is the first feasible offer the NHL has tabled.

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
Any mention of realignment.. or that all dead for now?

tumblr_m3i9zv79nP1r8yo2fo2_500.jpg

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA
Clarification on entry level deals. NHL asking for 2 year deal but could become 4. Rookies must play complete seasons for it to count.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003

The players now will decide whether or not to continue with there NHLPA Holdout.

Players, want more money, nicer accommodations and are holding out for as much as possible.

NHLPA HOLDOUT.
You think you could give them 24 hours to read it and respond first. How do you know everything in it is fair, because Betman said so?:sarcasm:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW

NHLPA HOLDOUT.

every single players proposal has them taking the same share of revenue as they have now with lower shares in the future. Where have they asked for more?

I see this as the NHL's first legitimate proposal. Now some real bargaining can be done. The end result will likely be a deal that ends with a 51 or 52% players share after starting around 56% and ramping down, which realistically is what most would have expected a few months ago anyways. The NHL is the side that wasted the past two months by taking a completely unreasonable starting point that only created more animosity between the two sides.

If the players respond to THIS proposal with another offer of status quo, maybe I could agree with you. Until that point, it's still right to call it a lockout.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

NHLPA HOLDOUT.

LOL.
settle down Francis. there is way to much on the line for the NHLPA to accept an offer with a snap of a finger. This isnt fantasyland.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I'm not sure who else from the Hawks you'd want in charge - Toews hasn't seemed all too bright in his most recent interviews...and as of last week he and Kane were going out of their way to say they didn't blame any of this on Wirtz!:

Maybe they could call somebody up from Rockford...

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

I hope it's sensible and something both sides can keep working with.

Naaah!

They'll probably be idiots and throw everything off the rails.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Thursday is going to be pivotal. If the players proposal uses the framework of today's proposal, it is very likely we'll have hockey starting Nov 2. The fact that the NHLPA is going to spend tomorrow getting clarification on the details of today's proposal suggests their proposal will build off the NHL's offer.

Crows*

@aaronward_nhl: Per player source,clarification is needed on HRR definition in league proposal,appears in new offer player share is lowered.Also 'salary

@aaronward_nhl: guarantee/protection',to allow to go from 57% to 50%,means players would likely be paid back by themselves,out of their share in the

@aaronward_nhl: future.Possibility a guy could retire,and players still playing, would be bearing burden to pay him back. #TSN

@aaronward_nhl: Clarification between NHL and NHLPA will come by phone Wednesday and they will meet in person in Toronto on Thursday. #TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad