Ilya Zubov

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrik0080

Sep 23, 2004
Will NHL gms regret not taking a chance on him? I know Ottawa got him, is this a huge steal? What is his potential? Will he be a solid 2 way player or can he be a top 25 scorer in the NHL?

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Passed up because he was Russian and everyone was unsure about the transfer stuff. The Sens took the top two rated Russians in Zubov and Anikeyenko. I personally think Zubov could become a steal. Seems very similar to Marty Havlat.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
SensGuy said:
Passed up because he was Russian and everyone was unsure about the transfer stuff. The Sens took the top two rated Russians in Zubov and Anikeyenko. I personally think Zubov could become a steal. Seems very similar to Marty Havlat.

He's a nice player. But i dont think he has the finishing skills oh Havlat. :)

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
PlayoffPerformer9 said:
Jsut like Havlat and soon as the going got rough, Zubov was no where to be found. For him to excel in the NHL, he will have to locate his courage.

Nice first post.

Where was Malkin?

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
PlayoffPerformer9 said:
Jsut like Havlat and soon as the going got rough, Zubov was no where to be found. For him to excel in the NHL, he will have to locate his courage.

are you going to speak of Malkin in the same way? Every Russian underperformed in the championship game, much like the US did, so feel free to criticize all of those players as well.

PlayoffPerformer9

Dec 20, 2005
Winnipeg,MB
Actually I was very impressed with Malkin in the tourney. He was the best forward by a long shot. However against Canada every time he turned around Downie was in his face. He took Malkin completely off his game. In the next level Malkin will succeed cause this abuse he took will go a long way to preparing him for next year with Pittsburgh.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
PlayoffPerformer9 said:
Actually I was very impressed with Malkin in the tourney. He was the best forward by a long shot. However against Canada every time he turned around Downie was in his face. He took Malkin completely off his game. In the next level Malkin will succeed cause this abuse he took will go a long way to preparing him for next year with Pittsburgh.

Yea, Pittsburgh, all that abuse fighting for #1 draft pick...again.

Malkin was good in the tourny but against Canada he was shut down. Thus he is just the new Yashin and not a playoff preformer and chokes when the checking gets tight. He is soft and has no heart. You know, just like Spezza. :sarcasm:

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
Zubov didn't play that poorly in the final game considering his teammates. I noticed that he was logging alot of ice time late in the game so his coach must of thought well of his game. He didn't play great but he played OK.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
PlayoffPerformer9 said:
Well with the exception of Forsberg have you ever known a european forward to play with their heart?
That is the most stupid post i have ever read... new to hockey? You ever heard of Mattias Norström? Börje Salming probably didnt play with his heart either, when i come to think of it...

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
SenSk9tSen said:
Yea, Pittsburgh, all that abuse fighting for #1 draft pick...again.

Don't even go there, remember your senators who picked #2nd #1st #3rd #1st #1st in there first five years in the league. Most team have loaded up in the draft, even your senators. :shakehead

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Zoo said:
Don't even go there, remember your senators who picked #2nd #1st #3rd #1st #1st in there first five years in the league. Most team have loaded up in the draft, even your senators. :shakehead
Kind of hard to compare teams when the Sens were an expansion team expected to be awful.

This was a thread about Zubov possibly becoming a steal and then someone has to come in and bring up how he will disappear in traffic like other Europeans. Way to ruin another thread.

PlayoffPerformer9

Dec 20, 2005
Winnipeg,MB
Well ape if you wouild read my post you would notice I said european forwards and the two guys you mentioned are what, wait for it, they are defencemen. I've probably forgot more about hockey than you will ever remember so dont go there just because I dont post on here much.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
PlayoffPerformer9 said:
Well ape if you wouild read my post you would notice I said european forwards and the two guys you mentioned are what, wait for it, they are defencemen. I've probably forgot more about hockey than you will ever remember so dont go there just because I dont post on here much.
Doesn´t really matter if you are only referring to forwards. Its quite offending if you haven´t realized it to say something like that. Playing with your heart, has nothing to do with what country you are from.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
PlayoffPerformer9 said:

Where's Radio Robert when you need him. lol :biglaugh:

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
PlayoffPerformer9 said:
Well with the exception of Forsberg have you ever known a european forward to play with their heart?
the ignorance... :shakehead

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
When he asked you to stop he did not wish for you to continue. Go create a thread on european bashing elsewhere.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
PlayoffPerformer9 said:

Go away.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
PlayoffPerformer9 said:

I hear some new guy named Ovechkin was just drafted? Ever see his first shift? I think he's from the same country as a guy named Kharlamov... Actually I maybe just dreamt them up or something. Posters who generalize and stereotype entire nations of people are usually right on the ball...

Back on topic I was very impressed with Zubov for most of the Tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad