Player Discussion: Ilya Sorokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Or maybe even just a rumored sighting of Sorokin in a car with Ledecky and Malkin at a KFC drive-thru in Montauk....

No worries.

I saw him walking around in Brighton Beach this morning. I took a picture of him to share. He thought it was pretty warm for this time of year.

images (1).jpeg

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
First he has to sign, second we don't even know if the league will permit newly signed players to participate this season.

I'd love for both to happen b/c imho goaltending has been avg this year.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
First he has to sign, second we don't even know if the league will permit newly signed players to participate this season.

I'd love for both to happen b/c imho goaltending has been avg this year.
The bone of contention surely, but I wonder how they define "this season". Are the contracts expiring on June 30th expired or will they be rolled over because this season has not concluded yet?
I mean if play resumes and continues after July 1st, the Ises will be left with only one goalie if expiring deals are left to expire and Greiss becomes UFA.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
The bone of contention surely, but I wonder how they define "this season". Are the contracts expiring on June 30th expired or will they be rolled over because this season has not concluded yet?
I mean if play resumes and continues after July 1st, the Ises will be left with only one goalie if expiring deals are left to expire and Greiss becomes UFA.

I still don't understand why they haven't just announced the cancellation of the season. It's absurd at this point to think there is any plausible, or rational reason to try to restart.

I think Sorokin isn't waiting because he is wondering what's going to happen this season. I think he's waiting to see what might happen for next season and the implications of the outbreak. If he doesn't trust the US to find a way to have hockey next season he may just stay in Russia. Too many questions with very little answers. Doesn't really make sense for him to sign right now in this current landscape. Not what any of us want to hear, but I'm guessing we'd all make the same decision in his shoes.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Could we see some hybrid thing where a player can sign and burn a year from an ELC but they can't actually play in the NHL this year?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Could we see some hybrid thing where a player can sign and burn a year from an ELC but they can't actually play in the NHL this year?

Do we think owners would actually want that? I'd guess most would say no, right?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Do we think owners would actually want that? I'd guess most would say no, right?
Good question. In the limited case of Sorokin, it would probably save the Isles money to have him signed rather than having to find another more expensive 1b. If enough owners have similar incentives....

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
LeBrun had a story saying that things are pointing towards 24 teams playing in 4 hub cities. Round robin group style play to start and establish seeds, then breaking off into elimination series.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
LeBrun had a story saying that things are pointing towards 24 teams playing in 4 hub cities. Round robin group style play to start and establish seeds, then breaking off into elimination series.
Sounds like something I would do in a beer league tournament in Montreal, not something a professional sports league should be doing.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I fully expect the NHL to do whatever it can to shoehorn the Rangers, Canadians, Blackhawks, etc. into the "playoffs".

The real cherry on top will be when they allow those teams into the NHL draft lottery and playoffs.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
someone said it before but this guy is a pain in the ass. Hopefully he stops the puck though
I feel like this is the type of guy who would trip and break his ankle over a wire during warm ups of a Stanley Cup game 7.

Fitting how there's this world wide pandemic when he's finally eligible to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->