Dreger: Ilya Sorokin To Chicago? (UPDATE: No trade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
lou also hates giving out a + b bonuses
For Sorokin, he may makes an exception. The owners will overrule his decision. If they see Sorokin as a main piece in the Belmont arena debut, they will do all they can to land him. Sorokin has superstar quality written all over him as he is highly competitive and driven. Also Isles has one of the better Goalie coach in the NHL and he can certainly help Sorokin to adjust his game to NHL.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So what, Sorokin/Varlamov were going to Chicago as the main pieces. That doesn't make any sense, even though I'd love a makegood on last July 1st' Islander goalie carousel (and I like Varlamov so far).
Why would Lehner comment on the rumors when he wasn't even linked to the trade? Obviously he knew something.

The trade probably revolved around Lehner and Sorokin as main pieces.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I get that this trade didn't happen, but why on earth would NYI trade Sorokin now? Isn't he meant to be a great goalie prospect?

Either he’s told them he doesn’t want to play there (I think this is unlikely) or he’s being too unreasonable with demands such as signing bonuses or saying he will refuse to report to the AHL if he has a shoddy camp. The Isles, assuming they let Greiss go (which if Sorokin comes they WILL) don’t really have another bonafide NHL goalie threat in their system. So if you’re Sorokin and sinply read the tea leaves on that one you know that unless you’re letting everything in this side of the northern hemisphere in training camp you’re making that roster

Reactions: jetsforever

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I'd bet Sorokin's value amongst GMs, IF he decided to come to the NHL, would be a late 1st at best, but probably two 2nds.

So unless the Isles were 100% sure he wasn't going to be an elite goalie they might as well keep him given what he could be.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
68479119_10214403709708467_6494130253953236992_n.jpg

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Why would Lehner comment on the rumors when he wasn't even linked to the trade? Obviously he knew something.

The trade probably revolved around Lehner and Sorokin as main pieces.
You think the isles would trade 24 yr old Sorokin,a potential franchise goalie and a main piece coming to LI would be impending ufa Lehner? The same Lehner whose extension demands the front office refused to meet?

Wow. Ok.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Chicago pizza isn’t even a pizza which everyone knows is flat. It is a bowl of cheese giving it more of an affiliation with Taco Bell than anything else.

New York Pizza is 50% grease, 30% Diabetes, 15% imminent diarrhea, and then 5% actual pizza. Deep dish and Tavern style pizza are miles better than what is essentially Sbarros. Detroit style is also miles better than New York style

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
NY also has deep dish. Saying NY pizza is overrated is basically saying pizza is overrated. That's fine, but it's still better than majority other states are putting out.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
New York Pizza is 50% grease, 30% Diabetes, 15% imminent diarrhea, and then 5% actual pizza. Deep dish and Tavern style pizza are miles better than what is essentially Sbarros. Detroit style is also miles better than New York style
And you were comfortable with admitting you ate this? I never said Pizza Hut was good but that’s your choice.

Y Quero Chicago Pizza. LOL!

Reactions: NYRKING30

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Says the guy who’s probably never even had a NY slice.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
If you want to eat pizza, you eat Italian pizza. Not the abhorration that is American cuisine.

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX
if you’re ever in our great city, I highly recommend the “Chicago Pizza Tour”. It’s a great look at Chicago pizza history. And yes, there is much more to Chicago pizza than deep dish.
Home - Chicago Pizza Tours

agree. chicago thin crust is outstanding.

deep dish is for tourists. you know, the family member or friend that has to try it when they're in town. I lived there a little over 30 years and my brother is the only chicagoan I can think of that orders deep dish as the norm.

Reactions: Drumman44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad