Ilya Sorokin 1st career NHL win; 1st career NHL shutout!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Sick. This is like scoring your first goal on your first shot of your first game. I love to see it.

How did he play? Did he look composed?

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Sick. This is like scoring your first goal on your first shot of your first game. I love to see it.

his first win he made a lot of great saves. This game he really wasn’t tested too much but in the 3rd period he made some key saves and a few big saves against the Pens PP. looks a lot calmer and more comfortable than he did in his first 2 starts.

Reactions: CanadianSharks

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

He looks good, was very efficient in his movements and looked big in net. His lateral movement is really impressive, someone tried a wraparound and it was like a Sunday stroll for Sorokin to get over and make the save.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I misunderstood all around. Thought it was his first game and first shutout. :facepalm:

Still, two shutouts in a row this early into an NHL career is outstanding.

No worries it wasn't clear from the title at all. I just noticed the date discrepancy along w the 1 or 2 posts regarding the previous one. The Russian goaltending on the way up is impressive af.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
No worries it wasn't clear from the title at all. I just noticed the date discrepancy along w the 1 or 2 posts regarding the previous one. The Russian goaltending on the way up is impressive af.

“1st career win and first career shutout”isn’t clear at all? You must been an NHL referee

This thread was bumped.

Last edited:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
“1st career win and first career shutout”isn’t clear at all? You must been an NHL referee

This thread was bumped.

Huh ? I made no mistake. I was simply correcting someone who was under the impression that tonight was his first win, and first shutout. It's not. Follow along.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Didn't take long for Ilya to figure out what the Isles are all about. Trotz gave him credit for making a timely save at the end of the 2nd that could have been a turning point in yesterday's 4 pointer against the Pens. But Sorokin would rather focus on team work. Refreshing hearing that for a Goalie that just had back to back shut outs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad