Ilya Sorokin 1st career NHL win; 1st career NHL shutout!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Congratulations to the white whale!! 3-0 shutout to earn his 1st career win! Some highlight reel saves as well.
Long Time Coming!

upload_2021-2-16_21-32-40.jpeg

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hmm I thought he was sent down recently. Is he here to stay and will he get starts with Varlamov around?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hmm I thought he was sent down recently. Is he here to stay and will he get starts with Varlamov around?

taxi squad for cap purposes. As far as taking Starts away from Varly I don’t see that happening. Varly has been elite for the isles. Trotz however isn’t afraid to play a hot goalie so if Varly were to cool down and Sorokin were to put up better numbers I could see him getting more starts. As it stands, he’s the back up and will most likely play on back 2 back games for now.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Isles are slowly breaking him in. He has insane tools, a fast glove hand and lateral movement that would sprain your groin watching. Its just a matter of becoming familiar with the NHL. He is looking better each start after a shaky start. He’s in the right system with the right coaches. Future is bright.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Isles are slowly breaking him in. He has insane tools, a fast glove hand and lateral movement that would sprain your groin watching. Its just a matter of becoming familiar with the NHL. He is looking better each start after a shaky start. He’s in the right system with the right coaches. Future is bright.

To celebrate Sorokin popping his cherry...

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Didn't realise he has only played 4 games, although I think in my mind he's the same person as Samsonov and Shestyorkin

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Looked much calmer last night. Played a little more on top of the crease. Hugged his posts more. His lateral movements remind of the prime J. Quick. He's certainly got the athleticism. Cant wait to see how he looks once he's got 20 games under his belt

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Looked much calmer last night. Played a little more on top of the crease. Hugged his posts more. His lateral movements remind of the prime J. Quick. He's certainly got the athleticism. Cant wait to see how he looks once he's got 20 games under his belt

His lateral movement is ridiculous. He is unbelievably quick from post to post.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This guy should be getting more starts, but Varlamov is also playing lights out. Solid tandem on the Island

Varlamov has been awesome. He’s won games for the isles with big saves. Sorokin needs more starts though because the last couple of games it’s evident that Varly is maybe a little fatigued.

Zerokin is looking more and more comfortable

Reactions: gilfaizon

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Varlamov has been awesome. He’s won games for the isles with big saves. Sorokin needs more starts though because the last couple of games it’s evident that Varly is maybe a little fatigued.

Zerokin is looking more and more comfortable

What a great situation to have. Trotz has these guys buying in and playing hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->