Player Discussion Ilya SamSOnov

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Its always like that. While we Russians can pronounce things like Semin (and you dont have a sound for that Ё), Tom Cruise, margarita and Youhanson, there are still languages where special sounds are reserved for the native speakers. So something is always lost. Why bother then?

Guys are seeking a job overseas to play hockey and collect big salary, they can live with their names being pronounced incorrectly.

PS: And while Ovechkin is the same in Russian both orlOv and KuznetsOv are being pronounced wrong for years.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Big interview with Sammy in Russia.

Im not in translating mood now... Anyway he said its been comfortable for him lately, doesnt check his stats, isnt interested in calder, only cup matters.

Doesnt know how many games he could play, nobody knows,said you need to keep your ego in the a.s.s and listen to professionals

Said Holtby is number one, tough to discuss his future, pressure on Holtby but they are talking on a daily basis and have no problems between them.

I did not find any negative things in his interview. Not a robot, joking, relaxed.

This guy could become number one if not figured by the league :)

Mentioned Scott Murray asked him to play differently before the season and they are coming closer to that state.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Wow, that was fantastic! Thanks for posting.

I really like the stuff about Hershey and getting help from the team psychologist. I bet that was hard for him but it really seemed to help. I think the season in Hershey was so good for him.

He seems to be getting along well with Murray as well which is beyond important to his development.

Kid has a great attitude. I am now a bigger fan after reading this than I already was.

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
"— Have you learned how to save his shots yet?
— No one could save his shots for 15 years. I'm not even going to be smart here."

God, I'm loving this kid more and more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad