Ilya Mikheyev

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
i need mikheyev's length and defense vs top 2 nhl lines, hes very disruptive on D and his line is rarely in bad defensive spots, shouldn't care too much about plus minus but hes still a team leading +9 for a reason

hes better than hyman, johnsson, and kapanen imo

AejonStarkgaryen

Apr 25, 2019
I'd like to add. He's rookie of the year IMO. I think I'd be sad if we lost this guy. He just seems to do a lot of right and very little wrong and I find myself a lot of the times getting real excited to see him on the ice.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
i need mikheyev's length and defense vs top 2 nhl lines, hes very disruptive on D and his line is rarely in bad defensive spots, shouldn't care too much about plus minus but hes still a team leading +9 for a reason

hes better than hyman, johnsson, and kapanen imo

I would experiment with it to get it ready for playoffs, but I’d be a bit concerned about wearing the kid down in his first NHL season. We need everyone throwing fire in the playoffs.

But I totally agree, he’s making a fool of his matchups!

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
This guy makes one of Kappy or Johnsson trade bait for either defense or cap relief or futures.

His speed is amazing for a big guy and he's got a great nose for the net.

Reactions: ULF_55

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
This guy makes one of Kappy or Johnsson trade bait for either defense or cap relief or futures.

His speed is amazing for a big guy and he's got a great nose for the net.

He's going to cost as much to retain. More likely he is a Nylander replacement. He's just as dynamic and will probably save 3mil AAV long term, and there is your cap relief.

Reactions: TopCheese

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
When everyone's healthy, I wanna see this forward lineup:

Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - GOAT - Timashov
Hyman was way better with Tavares and Marner last year than he was with Matthews and Nylander.

I would flip him and Mik but yea that 3rd line is disgustingly good and Mikheyev is working his way up by his play.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We will have to make room to keep him and I'd say take your pick of any one of Kapanen or Johnsson to make it happen.

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
I just hope he pushes Hyman down to the third line.
Hyman plays a great role on the Tavares line. First one on the forecheck, crashes the net, gets the puck to playmakers and a strong defensive player. Whether we like it or not, babcock wants at least 1 player like this on his top 2 scoring lines.

I really like Mik on either the Tavares or Matthews line.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I was so-so on him before coming to the Leafs but I'm more than happy to eat this crow. Mikheyev is crazy good, good on you Babs for helping get this guy.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
You chose the best 2 of 3 (Kapanen/Johnsson/Mikheyev) or maybe even 1 of 3 if you think Koshkov and Engvall are ready.

You choose what will best help the team. the decision becomes a whole lot easier if Nylander doesn't significantly out perform Kappy, Mango or Soup. Moving a 7mil AAV player who can't effectively outperform 3-3.5mil AAV players is a no brainer. And so far this season Nylander has not been outperforming those three guys to justify his 2xtheir AAVs moving forwards, and therefore he has to be the most vulnerable to being moved, especially given how little in real $$$ he's getting paid for the rest of his contract.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
You choose what will best help the team. the decision becomes a whole lot easier if Nylander doesn't significantly out perform Kappy, Mango or Soup. Moving a 7mil AAV player who can't effectively outperform 3-3.5mil AAV players is a no brainer. And so far this season Nylander has not been outperforming those three guys to justify his 2xtheir AAVs moving forwards, and therefore he has to be the most vulnerable to being moved, especially given how little in real $$$ he's getting paid for the rest of his contract.

Certainly, it is about team. You evaluate contribution, which goes beyond points. Leafs don't lack offense, so if you can move a 7 million or 11 million cap hit away and address team weakness why wouldn't you do it?

Pietrangelo and Mikheyev for the same price as a one dimensional forward.

Jun 27, 2005
Hyman plays a great role on the Tavares line. First one on the forecheck, crashes the net, gets the puck to playmakers and a strong defensive player. Whether we like it or not, babcock wants at least 1 player like this on his top 2 scoring lines.

I really like Mik on either the Tavares or Matthews line.

I don't care how well that you think he does those things, with his hands of stone he doesn't belong anywhere near the top 6. Do we need a left hand power forward? Yep. But it ain't "Stone hands" Hyman.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad